Bennett's first week as a three month old boy went well! He's been putting on weight (clearly), is happy, and becoming more aware of the world around him. This week he discovered he has feet (or maybe he thinks his socks are super cute).
Bennett and I went to baby yoga a few times this week. He really loves going, or at least seems to enjoy himself. I'm not sure if he likes looking at other people, or if he enjoys the stretching, massaging, and moving around. I am sure it is probably a combination of both, plus I'm sure all the quality time with Mommy doesn't hurt. I am just itching for Joel to get a chance to take him, because we have such a great time together. It is just a joy to see how he reacts to the things we do, what he likes and what he doesn't. He isn't a fan of having his nose beeped like a horn, but LOVES to fly around like an airplane. Bennett is usually really content throughout the whole class, but gets a little tired during the last 5-10 minutes, which falls during his nap time. He is quite a trooper though!
Because of baby yoga, our day gets to be pretty busy. Any time prior to yoga is spent eating, napping or getting ready to leave. Then after yoga I try to squeeze some errands in on the way home. We try to walk the dogs either before or afterwards, and before we know it, Daddy is home. When we do have a free moment, and when Bennett is in the right mood, we manage to get a few rounds of The Little Blue Truck read. (I have the book memorized.) We've been introducing him to a few toys, but he's not too interested. He will look at them, but doesn't make an effort to grab them. If we put them in his hands, he'll hold them for a few seconds, then drop it. He does grab at blankets and his clothing, so maybe those textures just feel better to touch? Either way, it is clear to see he is noticing the world around him. For example, we finally got curtains hung in our bedroom. Every morning, Joel brings him into our room, so that I can feed him in bed. After he finished eating, he looked at the window and saw the curtain hanging there instead. His eyes got huge as he stared at the curtain, then he turned to look at me like, "MOM! THERE IS SOMETHING BLOCKING THE WINDOW! DO YOU SEE THAT?" Then he turned back to look at the curtain some more. It was quite adorable. I find myself explaining things to him quite a bit, since he is so observant, but who knows how much he actually takes in. After we set his nursery up, I showed him around and explained how and why we decorated the way we did. I'm sure somewhere inside, he appreciated the gesture.
Otherwise, he is a pretty happy, mellow baby. When he isn't happy, he doesn't cry, he screeches. He really likes to let you know when he is unhappy... but if he is in a good mood, he will let you know by smiling and chatting a lot. Still loves to eat his hands, and is getting more dependent on the pacifier when he is really sleepy. It is hard not to indulge him, because some times when he naps, I can put him down and walk away without any issues. But the times he wants the pacifier, he wants to suck it and snuggle. I mean, who wouldn't find a good comforting snuggle to be the best way to drift to sleep? Two people this week asked what color his eyes are. I explained that they seem to change daily, some days blue/gray, other days brown. Both people thought they looked blue/gray, so there you go.
![]() |
| Yum! |
![]() |
| I have feet! |








No comments:
Post a Comment