Wednesday, March 12, 2014


These past few weeks bedtime has been a struggle. We cut out the bedtime feeding last week but that wasn't the problem. Even before that Bennett has been getting fussier at bedtime, crying and screaming whether we're holding him or not. When we do hold him he squirms and rolls around getting increasing more frustrated. After wrestling with him for 10 mins or so we usually give up and let him scream in his crib. Usually he only screams another 3-5 mins and is asleep. 

Today Joel had a late meeting so it was just me and Bennett. He started to get a little fussy when we were playing downstairs so I decided to bring him upstairs and read some books. I was preparing for a fight but as we read the three books, he got increasing more cuddly. When we were finished, I was read for him to start screaming and rolling around but he just cuddled in. So I sang him a song and we rocked. He moved around once in a while but never says a peep. As long as he was quiet and calm I decided to keep singing and rocking since it isn't often we get to cuddle. After 20 minutes he fell asleep. I don't want our bedtime routine to take this long every night but tonight it was what we both needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment