Caroline's Day
Took a nap in the sleep rocker
Went into the Moby for the first time. Loved it! Then took a walk.
Woke up for a while to remind Mom I have eyeballs.
Big brother got home and shared his cars with me (yes, he put his cars in the sleep rocker without us asking him to). Then he wanted to give me a hug.
Fell asleep and dreamed of food... Hence the tongue
Finally starting to grow some eyelashes. Hopefully they'll be long and wonderful like Bennett's.
Squeezed in a little photo shoot today, too:
Bennett's Day
We read picture books, sang songs, had pretend play, went outside on the play ground and went into the big room to do some exercises.
Bennett and Kenza taking turns on the phone
All sitting nicely together to get ready to walk back to our classroom
Overall, things are continuing to go well with Caroline's nursing! I shouldn't even mention it because I'll jinx it, but she's latching on amazingly quickly and finishing in less than 15 minutes. Bennett is continuing to be great with Caroline. I probably shouldn't mention that either, or he'll start biting her. When he got home from daycare, after he said hello to me, he immediately asked, "Baby?" and was looking around for her. Then he gave her his cars and wanted to hold her. I don't think I could ask for more from a 20 month old. Tonight I had the pleasure of putting Bennett to bed. We always read, then sing songs, then listen to one of his stuffed animals play some music. While listening to music, he sat up and moved my arm so that he could have room to cuddle next to me. We used to cuddle a lot when he had the rocking chair in his room, and when he'd come into bed to sleep with us at 5 am. Since Caroline, no more rocking chair and no more sleeping in our bed (not because we don't want him to, but he usually wakes up and is ready to go, or else one of us sleeps in his bed with him). With less cuddling and him calling me 'Mommy' instead of 'Ma Ma,' it makes me realize what a big kid he is becoming, and soon he'll just call me 'Mom' and cringe when I give him a kiss. He's growing up too fast!! And with the rate Caroline is packing on the ounces, it won't be long before she's calling me 'Mom' too! Now I know why people have ten kids!












No comments:
Post a Comment