Friday, October 17, 2014

Baby #2 is on her way

 Thursday October 16, 2014 has started off like any other normal day. Last night we had Grandma over after work and mommy made a great "Martha's one pot" seafood boil, and we woke up this morning still feeling full from it. Today was one of the most beautiful fall days - 60 to 70 degrees, and sunny. bennett enjoyed running around the bloom room at daycare during morning drop off. Mommy has a lunch date with Angie. All seamed like a normal day. We had made a list of things to do this Saturday to prep  for the baby and winter too.

Then I received a phone call from mommy at noon... "I think my water just broke.. It's. A steady stream but it's not like the first time. Do you think we should go in?"  Says mommy. 
"Yes! Let's go in. I will meet you at home, we will pack, and then we will go in." I said. 
So by 1:00 we were on our way to fairview southdale to get checked in. 
The nurse checking us in thought that mommy had just peed her pants but needed to run a test to see if the discharge was indeed a sign for pregnancy. So mommy and I wee starting to plan another normal weekend thinking that this was a false alarm... Then the nurse came back on and said that we were going to have a baby today since Mommy's contractions were hardly noticeable, we decided that I should get things ready for the baby vacation - that's what mommy calls staying at the hospital!
We talked with grandma and worked out schedule that I would go home, get a few things and the girls, then get Bennett from daycare and then meet grandma at work for a car swap. 
Bennett had just woken up from a nap at daycare and the bloom room was full of grumpy little toddlers! Bennett was very surprised to see daddy so early too! We grabbed a few of his granola raisin balls for the road and drove down to grandmas work for the car swap. I said goodbye to bennett as he drove away with grandma and I went back to the hospital. 
When I arrived back at the hospital around 4pm mommy was walking the hallways. Her nurse Angie checked her out  said she was about 2 cm dialated without any pitocin. 

She just got that far from walking so we thought that baby may come pretty quick. We decided that we had enough time for me to walk over to southdale mall, eat and look for a phone charger since i left mine on the van that went with grandma, Bennett and the girls to fridley. I did a little thrifty shopping  searching or the cheapest phone charger but settled on one from the Apple Store. 
I returned around 6:30pm and we decided to take a little rest and contemplate pitocin. So after penicillin, Vanessa was still about 2 cm. then we decided to go with pitocin because there was no gain in dialation. 
By 8:30 pm, we got the news that bennett was sleeping and we started pitocin. 

Note from grandma-
Bennett lay down around 7:45pm. We read many books to him and he went to bed around 8:10pm. The girls barked and woke him up. By 8:30pm, he is in deep sleep. The girls just barked, it didn't bother him at all. See you tomorrow morning. Good luck.





By 10:30, nurse Angie said things are moving and mommy said that she doesn't remember the contractions being this intense with Bennett but yet still be taking in between. Dr. Johnson is at home and on Standbye. She will be on the road when mommy hits 6-7 cm. 

10:55 pm 5 cm, and 80 percent thin. Baby is on the move. Nurse Angie says baby within the next 60-90 mins. Dr johnson is going to get called. 

11:15pm. Dr johnson is here. Mommy is sweaty. 

11:20. I jumped out of the room to get our new shift nurse Nikki and dr johnson

11:22  7 cm, cervix is very soft

11:24 dr johnson is in room. Contractions super painful

11:29 start pushing

11:34. Caroline born. 

About 11:35 umbilical cord cut
11:36 a 12 ish - skin to skin
About 11:45-notify grandmas

12:15 vitamin K and eye ointment. 
Weighing and length : 6# 12 oz and 20 inches. 

12:35am first meal. 








No comments:

Post a Comment