Sunday, April 17, 2016

Saturday
We had a day of sickness in the house. Bennett was running a high fever and had no energy. I had a bad cold and had no energy. We mostly spent the day at home. Caroline was happy and energize though...

Trying on their new rain boots:

Both Caroline and Bennett took a nap in the morning:


Caroline found a dragon her big brother:

Sunday



Monday

Bennett had soccer in the evening and was pretty apprehensive about the whole thing. He was clearly very stressed out about being at class before it began. He spent the first half of class sitting with Joel. Clearly getting caught in the net last week we pretty traumatizing.

He participated a bit during the second half of class though.

After class Joel took Bennett to DQ, to make a happy memory of soccer and Caroline and I went home. She thought wearing her pants in her head was hilarious.



Tuesday
Tuesday I went home early from work because I wasn't feeling well. It want soon after I got home that I got a call from daycare. Caroline had a fever and needed to be picked up. Ugh. 


Wednesday
Caroline had to stay home from daycare because of the fever but Bennett went to school. 
Lining up to sing 'One Love'


Caroline and I spent the day at MOA, but not before a little bit of breakfast first. 

Then we took the girls for a walk:


And played outside:

Then Caroline fell and hit her nose. 


Soon we were at MOA doing our walking. I was determined to walk 10,000 steps before leaving. We took a break to watch the roller coaster and share a drink. Caroline ate all the whipped cream.



Caroline is pretty attached to this polar bear and likes to suck the nose.

We stopped into the Children's Museum for a bit too. 




She slept for a little bit but woke up when I stupidly tried to put her in the stroller.




She was pretty crabby when we got home. 


Out night ended by Bennett asked me to draw tattoos on his arms. Being a 3 year old boy he requested a 'doodie.'

Thursday
Caroline went back to daycare and the kids had baths at night. We all found Caroline's hair a bit shocking.






Friday



Again Caroline got sent home from daycare around lunchtime. They said she had a great morning and just pooped out around lunch, and was running a fever. I picked her up and we tried unsuccessfully to do naps at home. She was terribly annoying and whiny. 

I even tried sleeping in her crib with her, because she didn't want to lay in our bed. That didn't work. 

So we went back to our bed. Still not working.

I tried ignoring her which also didn't work. 


So we put on some cute summer clothes and went to the doctor.


She was 23.85 pounds fully dressed and we found out she has pneumonia. She had been saying her ears hurt and both were pussy. Ugh. Another round of oral antibiotics so we were off to Target. 


She finally took a 15 minute nap and annoying woke up super crabby still. 




In the evening, I took Bennett to the Stages Theater in Hopkins to see his first play.  We had discussed seeing a play together a few weeks ago, and then his daycare sent a note saying they're going to take a field trip to see a show at Stages in a few weeks, but I really wanted to take him to his first show, so we had a date. Before we left home, I asked Bennett if he wanted to go and he said, "I'm excited to go to the theater!" It was nice to spend time with him because we really haven't been getting along so well lately. Joel is definitely Bennett's favorite right now, and Caroline prefers me, but because of it, Bennett has been ignoring me a lot. Although, he seems to ignore everyone a lot, so we're not too sure if he's just lost in thought or hard of hearing. But either way, it was a nice time for us to bond, and Bennett DID say he wanted me to take him to the theater. It all went great! He seemed to enjoy it. He said his favorite part was when there was a car on stage (a pallet on wheels with seats. I'm glad he has a good imagination.) Bennett sat really still, and his eyes were mostly glued to the stage, except a few times when people walking in the aisles caught his attention. He is really enthusiastic to see more shows, he says, but it was clear that this hour long show was  just the right length for him. So the good thing is, we can plan on seeing more shows at Stages until he's ready for the big Broadway ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment