Saturday
Caroline saw her first play at Stages Theater. We saw 'The Velveteen Rabbit.' It probably wasn't the best show to take her to, but the story wasn't familiar to her, and there wasn't as much singing and dancing as I've seen in other shows. However, there were ballerinas that she liked. About 30 minutes into the hour long show, I could tell she was getting bored and squirmy. Then 10 minutes after that, she said she needed to go to the bathroom. She did actually pee, but I'm pretty sure she just wanted to walk around. All in all, it went well!
Caroline saw her first play at Stages Theater. We saw 'The Velveteen Rabbit.' It probably wasn't the best show to take her to, but the story wasn't familiar to her, and there wasn't as much singing and dancing as I've seen in other shows. However, there were ballerinas that she liked. About 30 minutes into the hour long show, I could tell she was getting bored and squirmy. Then 10 minutes after that, she said she needed to go to the bathroom. She did actually pee, but I'm pretty sure she just wanted to walk around. All in all, it went well!
After nap time, Caroline got a donut for snack. She ate the top, then proceeded to cry when I told her she couldn't have any more donut until she ate the rest.
Caroline is such a difficult child, compared to Bennett. I remember in the past, he'd eat the topping off of a pineapple bun, and I'd tell him he could either eat the rest of the bun or he was done eating, and he accepted it and moved on. Not this girl.
Sunday we were at Grandma and Grandpa's all day. At one point, we decided to go grocery shopping with Caroline. Grandma and Grandpa needed to run their own errand, so Bennett was left with Uncle Kevin for about a half hour. When Bennett got home from daycare on Friday night, he was having some bouts of diarrhea, and had them all weekend long. By Sunday, it seemed to be clearing up and he didn't poop all day. Of course, in the half hour he was alone with Uncle Kevin, Bennett bolted from the couch, to the bathroom... but sadly didn't make it. Bennett has never had a pooping accident since being potty trained, so I can only imagine his embarrassment. On top of that, Uncle Kevin has NEVER EVER dealt with a situation similar to this. When we returned, about 5-10 minutes after the incident, the house was a lot more calmed than I imagined. Bennett was standing, bottomless, watching Kevin clean the bathroom. Somehow Kevin wasn't running around screaming because of what happened, which is what I probably would've done if I were a 26 year old, childless person.
Sunday we were at Grandma and Grandpa's all day. At one point, we decided to go grocery shopping with Caroline. Grandma and Grandpa needed to run their own errand, so Bennett was left with Uncle Kevin for about a half hour. When Bennett got home from daycare on Friday night, he was having some bouts of diarrhea, and had them all weekend long. By Sunday, it seemed to be clearing up and he didn't poop all day. Of course, in the half hour he was alone with Uncle Kevin, Bennett bolted from the couch, to the bathroom... but sadly didn't make it. Bennett has never had a pooping accident since being potty trained, so I can only imagine his embarrassment. On top of that, Uncle Kevin has NEVER EVER dealt with a situation similar to this. When we returned, about 5-10 minutes after the incident, the house was a lot more calmed than I imagined. Bennett was standing, bottomless, watching Kevin clean the bathroom. Somehow Kevin wasn't running around screaming because of what happened, which is what I probably would've done if I were a 26 year old, childless person.














No comments:
Post a Comment