Sunday, April 2, 2017

Monday

Bennett's letter of the week was G. I like that daycare is really focusing on the letters and the sounds they make. It was a noticeable shift in curriculum and definitely effected Bennett positively. He is constantly sounding out words. "Buh-buh-buh-Bennett. Bennett starts with B. What does lion start with? Luh-luh-luh-lion... L?" Or sometimes he'll ask us what letter a word starts with, and we'll have him try to figure it out. It is exciting to me to see this change in the way he thinks about words, and how it all seems like a game to him. He likes to figure out the mystery of what letter words start with, but doesn't realize he's setting a foundation to reading. Very exciting!

Tuesday



Wednesday Caroline had an appointment with the ENT. A week or so prior, she had an ear infection that ruptured. Since then, we saw the mysterious left ear tub sitting near the ear drum. This is the tub that we were told fell out, but into the ear drum over a year ago. We were told that it probably wouldn't cause an issue, and that chances are it'd never need to be removed, but in a small percentage of cases, it can cause hearing damage. Ugh. But I believe with the most recent rupture, the tube came out when all the gunk came out. Either way, it was a relief to see it was out and Dr. Rimmel confirmed that it was out. He said there was a hole in the ear drum, as was normal with a tube falling out or a rupture, and we needed to make an appointment to do another hearing test in a few months. He wasn't overly concerned about the ear infections Caroline had been having in the past month, as long as she was manageable. I asked about swimming lessons, and more and more, I'm beginning to think that any water in her ears causes them to get infected. I've noticed she gets infections a few days after washing her hair. Rimmel said that she could do lessons but if she got ear infections days after, that she'd need to wear ear plugs for lessons. I'm 100% sure this is the case with Caroline, so I'm not sure what we'll do for lessons yet, however this means that we'll need take precautions for baths as well. Yuck.

Thursday


Celebrating a friend's birthday:

Saturday
We ran errands and did yard work. It wasn't a particularly exciting day, but Caroline was feeling especially sassy in her outfit.



She has really taken to the nook recently. I think it would've been easier for her if she would've taken it up as a baby, or at least sucked her thumb like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment