Friday, September 8, 2017

Bennett's First Day of Pre-K

Bennett started Pre-K at Stepping Stones at Tanglen Elementary. I took him on his first morning, hoping to make the day special and send my baby off to the big school! So sad!


We stopped at the gas station for a special before-school treat. I was hoping we'd have donuts but Bennett picked out a chocolate chip cookie. Who doesn't love a cookie at 7:30 am? Since it was his first big day, a cookie it was:

 Leaving him for the first time went surprisingly well. He looked like he was about to start crying, but then miraculously his two buddies from Orchard Park arrived at class, just as I was about to leave. They had a happy reunion, and his mood did a 180 now that he had his friends there.

Face painting at the Hopkins Vehicle Fair:


Caroline needed a family picture to bring to school, since she was starting in the Willow room. Somehow we took this amazing photos where eyes are open, everyone is smiling and the dogs are looking in the general direction of the camera. It was like, the unicorn of photos.

Some time before the new school year started, we were at dinner, and Bennett was drawing. We didn't realize he knew how to draw people!  This was an exciting discovery for us, and worth documenting. I can't remember if he was drawing himself or drawing Daddy, but we were so excited about this discovery:


No comments:

Post a Comment