I went with Caroline on her first field trip. We went to the Westwood Nature Center to learn about apples. (Which also happened to be the exact same field trip Bennett went on the week prior.)
Being goofy at breakfast:
 |
| Waiting for the bus |
 |
| Caroline's first bus ride! |
 |
| Seeing how they make apple cider |

There was a tragic end to our trip. At the end of the presentation, they showed us how to make apple cider, and then the kids got to sample some. They walked around outside as they drank. Caroline finished her's quickly, but her classmates weren't as quick, and the yellow jackets came out wanting cider also. "Tell the kids not to swat at them," the nature center person told us, which is WAY easier said than done. As we were literally walking back to the bus, one of Caroline's classmates was still drinking his cider, when a yellow jacket landed on his hand. He started freaking out, so I was trying to brush it off of him, when I look next to me and Caroline is freaking out because there was a yellow jacket flying around her face. I saw her arms flailing, and then she started crying because one had stung her eyelid. I felt so bad for her, and I was SO annoyed with myself, because she had finished her cider! And if I wasn't so busy trying to rescue her classmate, I could've helped her. Poor girl.


 |
| The sting |
Prior to the sting, it was a good field trip though! Such a sad ending to an exciting first!
No comments:
Post a Comment