Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Since being back from the trip, we are back to life as normal. Jet lag was pretty hard, especially the first day back. The kids were up at 3:30, and stayed awake until lunch time. It was pretty incredible. Weather was cold when we got back, so it took some time to adjust. Caroline and I both got sick the first week back. I got strep and she had a horrible cold and pinkeye.







 Caroline went on a field trip to Como Zoo:

 Home sick... and got a cake pop from Starbucks! As expected, she just ate the outside coating and threw away the cake.
 Dancing to Emma on her sick day:






 Bennett started up swim lessons after our trip. This time around, he's definitely not feeling it. I think it is because the last round he had an easier teacher. I don't think she ever had them put their faces in the water. Now he is back with Mr. Blake, who is great at pushing the kids, however Bennett is just not in to having his face in the water anymore. Ugh. Definitely a step back in progress.

 5/2: Bennett's first outdoor t-ball practice. Afterwards, we went to DQ with some friends... and someone decided to poop their pants. Luckily for us, our friends had medical gloves and all the necessaries. Unluckily for us, there is no bathroom at this DQ.

 5/4: Caroline has been collecting rocks, so I bought her paint to make a project out of it. She loves it.


 5/5: Bennett's first t-ball game! They don't keep score, but he had a great time.












 Cousin sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's:
 Bennett got hold of my phone and took a ton of selfies:


 5/7: Bennett had kindergarten bridge, so we ate dinner early. Joel and Bennett went to school. Caroline and I decided to take a quick trip to a park. I think it might be one of the first, if not only time I've ever taken her to a park alone. It was really nice. Then we took the girls for a walk. Caroline rode her scooter for about 1/4 of the walk... and I had to carry it the rest of the way. She was convinced we could not leave it on the side of the road and pick it up on our walk back...




 Making a birthday cake at school:

Also worth nothing that Bennett started riding a bike without training wheels over the weekend! No pictures, only video, but it was a pretty big deal. I told him that riding a bike is probably something he'll never forget the rest of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment