Saturday, November 30, 2013

Swenson Thanksgiving

 

With the weeks counting down to thanksgiving, I had heard people talking about traditions. The previous Thursday night at kid class, one of the discussion topics was "Which thanksgiving day traditions are you most excited to share with your child?" I had trouble thinking of what traditions us Swensons had been following, and I could not think of any right away. I could only think of wrestling with my cousins, meatballs and pumpkin pie. Since I no longer wrestle with my cousins, I guess the only traditions we continue are meatballs and pumpkin pie. So Vanessa and I were excited to continue the Swenson tradition of enjoying meatballs and pumpkin pie with Bennett. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures, but I can say that Bennett enjoyed both (at least the little bits we have him). 

So we had Swenson Thanksgiving the day before Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa's this year. Here is a photo of Grandpa trying to coax a smile from Bennett. 


The cute baby talk didn't do the trick so grandpa tried a basketball... And that only confused Bennett even more.


As you can see, we had Bennett ready in his PJs for the car ride back so he would go to sleep transitioning from the car easily. When we got to grandma and grandpas in Fridley around 11:15pm, Bennett was wide awake an playful... Only for another 30 more minutes and he went back to sleep. 


No comments:

Post a Comment