Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Home Alone

Today I spent over three hours home alone, outnumbered by kids and dogs, while Joel went to work for a few hours. Bennett was due for a nap so Luca, Caroline and I laid down with Bennett in his bed and I read everyone a few books. Caroline got fussy a few times so I had to stop reading to rock her. I want sure how bennett would react that but he just waited and flipped through some pages until I laid back down. He fell asleep pretty easily and I was hoping to take a nap too, but Caroline was restless and I was afraid she'd cry and wake up Bennett so we left. I was able to lay Caroline in the sleep rocker and amazingly she kept sleeping!  I don't know how I got so lucky because she never wants to be put down. 


While both of the kids were napping I was able to get a load of laundry in the washer, wash a few dishes and bake a pumpkin spice cake. Not too bad! After about 45 minutes Csroline started crying and about 20 minutes later Bennett woke up. This was less than ideal because he hadn't even napped an hour and a half but he was in a good mood. I made some cream cheese frosting and then made Bennett's day: 



His eyes lit up when he took his first lick. Bennett was actually really good. Hqe read some books while I was feeding Caroline. A few times I caught him trying to comfort Caroline when she was crying. He'd try to rock her, show her his truck, and talk to her. I think it's pretty good considering I wasn't in the room and he wasn't trying to hit her or something. Then we took some selfies:



Then Bennett saw a school bus go by. That made his day. 

Then we all bundled up and took the girls for a walk. Bennett loved it almost as much as the girls did. About ten minutes after we got home Joel came home. No crying or screaming when he got home so I'd say it was a success! I'm sure the rest of my maternity leave will go just as smoothly. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment