Monday
Bennett had soccer again in the evening. He started off class strong, being line leader when the teacher asked if he wanted to be... Then he quickly fell to the end of the line when he didn't do the exercises he was supposed to, and put no effort into keeping up. He looked like he was going to participate after he warmed up. Joel and I were both able to watch while he stood with his class... Then opted to cling a tree. At least he was super happy to be doing it. I bribed him with ice cream, which Joel told me he asked to in the way from daycare, and he quickly snapped back to attention. I told him he needed to at least stand with his class and TRY to participate if he wanted DQ.
So he might not be a soccer star.
Tuesday
Dancing:
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
After daycare Caroline had her 18 month checkup. She did not enjoy getting her weight, height and head measured.
Then we went to the Rad Zoo. Last year Bennett was really excited to touch the alligator and tortoise but this year neither kid wanted to get close to them.
SundayBennett had to be coaxed to just stand next to Caroline, who was a good couple of feet away from the alligator.
Another quiet, lazy day. Caroline didn't get enough sleep the night before and was a huge crab all morning. She eventually took a morning nap.
Bennett talking to us after Caroline woke up from her nap. She can be pretty mean to him but I have to say that 80% of the time he's sweet to her. I don't even remember what he was saying to her, but the thing is, he made sure to talk directly to her, and not just me. I think that's pretty impressive since she clearly can't communicate too much, with her limited vocabulary. It's like he just gets her though.
Then I took the kids grocery shopping, and as a treat, we stopped at the park for 20 mins.
Caroline looked particularly cute and Bennett looked good enough for abou who insists on only wearing comfy pants. But of course getting them to take a picture together is nearly impossible.












































No comments:
Post a Comment