Monday
Tuesday
Caroline had her 2 year old checkup. Like Bennett she is pretty average overall. I mentioned to the doctor that Caroline is a very oral girl. Everything goes into her mouth still. Bennett had grown out of the oral stage by 2, but if it's not a stuffed animal ear, it's a blanket or other toy in her mouth. It drives me crazy. Half of the time she'll chew on it too, so plastic toys break. Definitely unsafe. The doctor suggested giving her an extra finger poke to check her iron levels, since kids with an iron deficiency can be very oral. The results came back fine, so I guess it's just Caroline being Caroline. The best part of the appointment was when the kids had their flu shots and Caroline her extra finger poke. I remembered reading an article about how distraction was key for kids getting shots, and it was my goal to do that for the kids. Caroline went first and laid down for her shot. I let her watch a video and her face distorted for a split second but not so much as a peep. Prior to the appointment I explained to Bennett the importance of vaccines and told him he'd feel the poke, but the poke was temporary and nothing compared to the pain and discomfort he'd feel from sickness. That seemed to sit well with him. He insisted upon sitting up during the shot, which made me nervous because then he could watch them do it. I had a video running but when the nurse was actually giving him the shot, I saw his eyes leave the video as he watched. No tears. He told me later that it did hurt, but I am so proud of both of them. I gave them suckers and the nurse gave them stickers. Shots without tears for a 2 and 3 year old?! Definitely a reason for suckers and celebration!
After the appointment we ate at Kona for the first time. The food was mediocre, but we ordered Bento boxes for the kids that included an orange sliced up to look like a bear. Both kids devoured the orange. This picture is courtesy of Bennett:
Thursday
Field trip day for Bennett and Mommy! We went to the Gale Woods Farm. Bennett's favorite kid Gavin had a day off from kindergarten and went with. Bennett loves Gavin so much. He was sooooo excited to tell me Gavin was going with on the field trip when I arrived.
Look at Bennett eating celery, carrot and rhubarb. What?! Apparently having a garden is the way to go because he was very excited to go into the garden and harvest a carrot.
Carrot picking:
Once we got back to daycare, Caroline's teacher found me and said Caroline had a fever and needed to go home. NOOOOOO! There goes my child free afternoon.
Crabby, tired, trying to distract with tv:
Friday
Bennett's class watched the movie 'Cars' as a reward for good behavior. This was Bennett's first movie:
Bennett's class watched the movie 'Cars' as a reward for good behavior. This was Bennett's first movie:
Saturday
Sunday
Caroline was still sick, so that meant another trip to the mall. There is seriously no easier way to keep Caroline moderately separated from kids and distracted. She found a hat and purse she LOVED. I convinced her to put both back... it wasn't easy, but she let them go.
Caroline was still sick, so that meant another trip to the mall. There is seriously no easier way to keep Caroline moderately separated from kids and distracted. She found a hat and purse she LOVED. I convinced her to put both back... it wasn't easy, but she let them go.
Fortunately for her, Grandma and Grandpa met us at the mall and bought her the hat she coveted so much.






















































No comments:
Post a Comment