Caroline moved up to the new room at daycare a month ago, but they finally sent home the remaining few projects from her old room. They also included pictures from her first and last day there. Ugh, so sad. Caroline really loved her teachers in that room, and still clings onto Ms. Amy from what I'm told.
After dinner, Bennett tried on his new (but too big) Star Wars shoes. I don't remember why he isn't wearing pants though.
In the morning, Caroline felt slightly warm to me, but seemed to be in good spirits. As Joel was picking her up from daycare, they were just taking her temp and it was 101, so she needed to stay home on Tuesday. We ate dinner, and her demeanor started going downhill. She got hotter, started coughing and was super clingly. She went to bed like normal, but kept coughing terribly. Joel thought he heard the croup cough, and by 9:30, she was awake and sounded like she was having a hard time breathing. We called the pediatrician on-call, and were able to put Caroline on speaker phone. Of course when we held up the phone to her, Caroline croaked, "Hi!" After listening to her, the pediatrician said she needed to go to the ER, but told us to turn on the shower and let her breathe in the hot, moist air, while the other person was getting ready to go. Bennett had croup once before, but he never had the labored breathing Caroline had, so we were genuinely worried for her. She was still in good spirits though. She and I headed to the ER, and by the time we got there, she sounded a lot better (naturally). They still diagnosed her with croup and gave her some oral steroids. By the time we got home, it was after 11, and she went right to bed. The most unfortunate thing about this whole situation was prior to Monday night, Caroline had slept through the night 4 days in a row. FOUR! From 7:15 pm until 6 am. This is unheard of for her!
Tuesday 9/28
She chose the bunny, of course:
After lunch, which she didn't eat, we stopped by the Children's Museum. Caroline looked good, to me, and wasn't running a fever.
She eventually fell asleep, so that I could do some mall walking and shopping.
And had a smoothie when she woke up:
She still sounded pretty horrible in the evening, and her demeanor went downhill quickly. Her fever came back and it was clear she was not going to daycare Wednesday.
While Bennett was at daycare, Caroline and I went to the Mall of America. Actually, our plan was to go to Ikea before the mall, but when I arrived in the Ikea parking lot, Caroline was fast asleep and I realized I forgot my phone at home. So I decided to head back home to get it. By the time we got home, Caroline woke up... and we made the long drive back to MOA. I was hoping she'd sit in the stroller while I shopped, but she really wanted to go on the carousel. She's not spoiled enough, so today was the day:
She chose the bunny, of course:
After lunch, which she didn't eat, we stopped by the Children's Museum. Caroline looked good, to me, and wasn't running a fever.
She eventually fell asleep, so that I could do some mall walking and shopping.
And had a smoothie when she woke up:
Wednesday
When Bennett got home from daycare, he practiced taking photos again:
Thursday
I was able to go into work for a few hours on Wednesday, but spent most of the day with her. Thursday was day 3 at home for Caroline and I was at my witt's end. Plus the Keurig broke, so no coffee for mom.
Out of desperation, I took her to Target, so that I could get coffee and buy her to toy to hopefully occupy her the rest of the day:
It didn't take long for her to throw some Duplos in the cart. The funny thing is, I never told her she could get a toy, but clearly there was no way I could tell her no either.
Friday
Saturday
Swim goggles were the accessory of the day! Caroline started it, by wanting to put some on, but Bennett made it a thing by wearing them out of the house...
We went to the library for a childhood event. The kids got glitter tattoos. I was worried they'd be a huge mess, but they really weren't and looked amazing:
We watched a performance by the Splatter Sisters. They asked for volunteers so I nudged Bennett with my foot and his hand shot up. He was not thrilled when they draped the pink boa on his shoulders. Then he stood there while they sang some verses of There Was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly.... and halfway through the song, burst into tears and ran back to me. He has said before that he doesn't want to sing and dance on stage (when we go to the theater), so I wonder if he knew what he was volunteering for. Or maybe once he was up there, realized he did NOT want to do it. Anyway, I am still super proud he volunteered!
Sunday
Bennett and I went shopping for fur for her Halloween costume.
Then Bennett started to get a fever and the croup cough. He stayed home with Joel while Caroline and I went to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner.


















































No comments:
Post a Comment