Monday, May 8, 2017

Monday


After daycare, we took the kids to get their second measles vaccination, due to the outbreak. When we got there, Bennett's doctor, Dr. Quale, happened to be there for the open clinic. He was surprised to see us, but when we mentioned the measles vaccine, he said they are recommending all 4 year olds get their kindergarten boosters also. I was hesitant, since we had prepped Bennett for one shot, not three, but as Dr. Quale pointed out, a day with a shot is a day with a shot, it doesn't matter how many shots there are. And one day with shots is better than two days with shots, and obviously Bennett was fine with it, so we did it. Poor guy. One shot in the back of each arm and one on a thigh. Joel held him down while I played a video over Joel's shoulder. They did his thigh first, and the nurse kept saying, "Watch the video. Do you want to watch the video?... Or maybe you just want to watch the shot..." I've watched Bennett watch himself getting a shot in the thigh before, and was equally as unaffected that time as he was this time. The shots in the back of the arms seriously looked like hell. It was like they got the worlds longest needle to skim the back of the arm, and he got both of the arms done at the same time. I saw him wince once, but as soon as they finished, he got a piece of candy. Then it was Caroline's turn. She only had the one shot, but had more emotion when they finished. She didn't cry, but whined a bit until I asked her if she wanted a sucker or a piece of candy. Happy faces all around after that. Then we went home, each kid got a small ice cream cone, and I took the kids on a walk. Since Bennett got three shots without crying, I let him play Pokemon on the walk. He was really happy.

Changing before bed:


Tuesday


Wednesday

Thursday
Bennett's class made crowns, but he didn't want his to be a crown:

Bennett needed to wash his hands after dinner and started playing in the water... so I told him to use the scrub brush and get the stuff off of all the dirty plates and dishes. He actually did a great job and was humming as he did it. Then he'd leave to look at something and go back to doing the dishes. It was great!





Friday

The kids went to the park together and apparently there were superheros there. I'm not sure what that was all about:




Saturday
Joel was in New London for Wade's bachelor party, so it was just me and the kiddos. The kids got up super early, and were both in bed with me. 5:30 was way too early for my liking, and they were already crazy. Eventually, I yelled at them because they were playing with the blinds and I wanted to sleep, but that scared them enough that they went to Bennett's room to play. I eventually woke up at 7. Then we started off with some peanut butter on bread. Caroline LOVES peanut butter.


Then Bennett went to a friend's house to play. It was his first friend play date, without us there hanging out. He was more than excited to go, but they made the biggest mess in Bennett's room while I was sleeping. Luckily his desire to play at Colin's house was so great, he quickly cleaned his room. Winner winner! He had a blast at Colin's.

While he was there, we met friends at Westwood Hills Nature Center. It was our first time going and it was great.




Caroline is a great climber. It is really surprising to me how great she is at climbing because she is always so timid to do new things. I stood under her to spot her, but she did it on her own, although she needed help getting down.



After the nature center, we picked up Bennett and went to Noodles and Company, at his request.The kids were surprisingly good despite the fact that they must've been really hungry.


Then we went home for naps. After naps, Bennett was in a great mood. He stole my phone and took a ton of selfies with them.

Caroline was in a terrible mood and insisted on being carried. I was trying to get chores done, so I put her in the baby carrier and she was content. Photo courtesy of Bennett!

Then we took a walk:

The kids played outside while I grilled and made dinner. I was pretty impressed with myself for actually making a meal, and not just punting by making mac and cheese or something equally as easy.

Caroline doesn't like playing outside as much as Bennett, unless she has a doll with her. Here she is giving her baby a ride in the swing. Also, she must have a blanket for baby when she is outside. Ugh, more things to drag through the dirt...



After dinner the kids got movie night and we finished Caroline's birthday cake. Her last piece of cake was her face. Obviously after they finished their cake, they were wired and super insane. They were jumping onto the couch as if they were diving into a pool.

Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment