Sunday, November 1, 2015

Friday night Caroline ate some zucchini chips, or so I thought. She'd nibble off some of the parmasean and fling the zucchini onto the floor. Carolien has been getting more and more picky with her eating. Joel said daycare has commented on what a picky eater she is too. I hope this is just a phase!


Saturday
We started Halloween off the best way we knew how. Funny face pancakes. 
 
Bennett was pretty happy about it and made a surprised happy face when I showed it to him. Then we relaxed and slowly got ourselves ready for the day. Despite all the time we had, we were still making a mad dash out the door and were 15 minutes late for a library story time. At least we tried! After the library we went to West End for their Halloween event. We trick or treated at different stores and had lunch with friends. It wasn't the best event and the kids had the most fun playing on the little play area. 
 
After naps Bennett put on his tattoos. He really loves tattoos. I hope it's just a toddler thing and not something that carries into adulthood. 

Then someone thought it was necessary to get in full costume for $3 burritos at Chipotle. 
On the way home from Chipotle, Caroline decided to eat her feet. 

Then it was time for the big event.

We only went to 6 homes, to say hi to neighbors we chat with regularly. A few had their lights on just for us, which is so kind and neighborly. A teenage neighbor played a prank on us, silently following us around for a while, before yelling to scare us. This is all fine and good, except Bennett wasn't a fan. He didn't cry but I could tell he was scared. Right afterwards I asked if we could go home and be done trick or treating and he agreed. 

Sunday
Caroline looked particularly adorable. 




We went to Costco and the kids inhaled the messiest smoothie ever. I can't help but think that Caroline looks like she'd been playing with lipstick. Hopefully we have many more years before she decides to play with makeup. 

We ended our Sunday by pretending it wasn't daylight savings and letting the kids go to sleep according to the old time. Caroline was in bed by 6:30 and Bennett 7:30. He actually rolled over as I was reading to him because he wanted to go to sleep. That never happens! I'm sure they'll adjust soon and things are going to go back to the way they were but I'm going to enjoy the early bedtime for as long as possible!

And finally a picture I saw on Facebook from the 50th and France event last weekend:

No comments:

Post a Comment