Caroline has been super fun lately. Around the time she turned one, it was like a veil was lifted and she became more interested in the world around her. For the past few weeks, everything has been "Ma. Ma. Ma." but now she's making different noises and is constantly pointing at things. It's like she realized when she points at what she wants, she gets it, or we'll tell her about what she's pointing at. She is constantly pointing at something. Along the same lines, she seems to be more emotional too. I think she clearly takes after her mom and has a quick temper. If we take something away from her, she screeches. If Bennett gets too close, she hits him. Monday night she walked into the dining room, stopped, stiffened out her body and screeched for no reason. I asked her if she was okay, and she did it again. Last night she saw some pumpkin cream cheese muffins cooling on the stove. She pointing at them and babbling until I gave her some. I was kind of surprised she wanted it without trying it, because she is a picky, hesitant eater, but maybe she is used to seeing muffins and knows she likes them. So I gave her some and she loved it. I tried to hand her over to Joel, so that he could feed it to her, but since I was holding the muffin, she held on tight to me, making angry noises. Finally I gave Joel the muffin and she willingly went to him. I really have no idea how she's going to be, because she seems much more demanding and angrier than Bennett ever was.
Bennett is going through his own issues these past few weeks. He has been crabbier than usual, and quick to get frustrated or angry with situations. He is pushing buttons, seeing how much he can get away with, like not wanting to wear certain clothing, or eating politely, if at all. When I first began, I thought he was just tired. Then I thought maybe he was getting sick, because he's had colds here and there. Now I think it's just the terrible twos. He's not SO terrible, but everything seems to be a fight with him. I'm trying to remember to give him options (ie. Here are two shirts, which do you want to wear? Do you want to walk, or should I carry you?) Bennett has always been pretty independent, but I think he's struggling with wanting to be more independent and having to do what we say. Yesterday at daycare, he skipped his nap. I am NOT ready for him to stop the afternoon nap already! Hopefully this all all just a phase that will pass quickly.
Monday
Making snowmen for the art show this Thursday!
Bennett wanted to learn how to take photos with my phone. Here is the first picture he took:
I think that's pretty artsy for ones first photo. He said he wanted to capture the teeth. So naturally I thought he was some kind of genius artistic photographer but this was his second pic:
So maybe not. He got new robot pajamas he was excited about. Joel said he immediately started acting like a robot.
Tuesday
Every day after nap and before snack, we do fine motor/tabletop activities...
No comments:
Post a Comment