Saturday we had a fun family day, full of holiday events. First, we met Grandma, Grandpa and August at Macy's to see the "Day in the Life of an Elf" display. The kids really liked it!
Afterwards, we asked if they wanted to get in line to see Santa. August was not too keen on the idea, so Bennett said no also. But it was probably for the best since the line was super long.
Then the kids got to pick out toys, because we 'needed' to spend $25 to get free parking. Each boy got a monster truck, and Caroline got a stuffed polar bear. She actually picked it up and give it a huge hug and kiss.
After Macy's, we went to Ikea, bought some things and had lunch. Joel took the kids home for naps while I went to a baby shower. When I got home, Grandma and August arrived so that we could drive to Loretto to see the Holiday Train. Joel took Bennett to see it last year, when it stopped at Union Depot, but we decided to give Loretto a try. We parked insanely far away, maybe 3/4 of a mile, but the weather was nice, and we had a stroller in the car for the boys. Since we parked so far away, the train had already arrived by the time we got there. The boys were super excited though, and there were a ton of people.
He was so happy to get to sit on a tractor, but they weren't giving out rides. With toddlers, I don't think it matters. Just getting to sit in the little train was fun enough.
Afterwards, we went out for sushi. Bennett ate a lot of sushi rice and edamame. That kid can really eat a lot of edamame... and I'm not complaining too much about him eating all the sushi rice, because then I got to eat a lot of sashimi.
After dinner, Grandma offered to take Bennett home, so that the boys could have a sleepover together. What a great idea! Bennett was really excited about it. "Grandma, can I go to your house to sleep over?!" "August, do you want me to sleep over with you??" to which August would respond, "no." "August, do you want to sleep in bed with me?!!??" to which August would respond, "No." Poor August. It was past his bedtime, but August's lack of enthusiasm for the sleepover didn't deter Bennett. He'd just laugh at August and keep talking. "You want to come over to my house?? My house is super comfy. You want to play with my toys?" to which August always replied, "no." After they left, I put Caroline to bed. We read some books. "Row row row your boat" seems to be one of her favorites now. She nods her head from side to side when I sing the song to her, and she held her little bear.































No comments:
Post a Comment