Monday, February 27, 2017
Bennett is 4!
Bennett finally turned four. He has been anxiously awaiting this birthday (as he does every birthday, I am sure), too excited to turn another year older. I asked him what four year olds can do, that three year olds cannot and he said, "Get dress by themselves." He has been doing this for a few months, so that's not entirely true, but we've been trying to get him to dress himself in the morning, unprovoked by us. It hasn't been too successful, unless he is motivated to do so by a video or candy, but when he does it, he is quick about it.
I asked him what he wants to be when he grows up, and much to our delight, he said a scientist. "Dinosaur scientist," which is great, because I wanted to be a paleontologist when I was in 4th grade. He is still a very physical kid, having mastered the cartwheel during the last few months of being three. He can jump and turn 360 degrees in the air, so he is one step closer to becoming a primo ballerino.
Bennett has always been a great big brother. He and Caroline do get in arguments at least once an hour, but he is much more tolerant of her than I would be, if I were in his shoes. Now that we've been encouraging her to pee on the potty, when she does, he'll be quick to cheer her on. "Good job, Care-line." If she is grumpy, he'll try to talk to her, much like we do. "What's wrong Care-line? You want a yogurt? Applesauce?" I say it often, and think it at least once a day, but we are so lucky he was our first born. His temperament and the care he has is so fitting as an older brother, to a quick tempered little sister.
Bennett has a great sense of humor. Most recently he has taken to copying everything Joel says. He thinks it is a hilarious game. Joel doesn't seem to mind, but if it were me, I'd put an end to it quickly. Haha. He likes the Cat in the Hat science books, and his favorite book would probably be "Bang! Boom! Roar!" He memorized some of the rhymes, and finds the pictures HILARIOUS. He still hates anything that aren't sweatpants, or that have buttons. His daily wardrobe consists of 'comfy pants' and logo tees. He even complains when tees don't have a logo. "But this has stripes. Where is the truck? Or Star Wars? Or Bear?" He likes his hair to fall stick straight. No combing it cutely to the side, as that looks like Daddy and he wants to look like Bennett.
One thing I found surprising about Bennett is he prefers warm summer weather over winter. He always seems so content outdoors, I figured he didn't have a preference. With our unusually warm winter and absence of snow in February, when I mentioned we may have another big snowfall, he was disappointed. I asked if he wanted more snow, and he said no. I asked if he missed sledding, and he said no. I asked if he preferred the warm weather and he said, "YES!" Like mother, like daughter. I know he'd much prefer to wear shorts and step into a pair of Crocs before heading outdoors, as opposed to putting on a coat, boots, hat, and mittens.
And photos of Caroline, because whenever we make the attempt to take photos, everyone has to do them:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment