Monday, April 22, 2013

2 month checkup!

I met Bennett and Mommy at the pediatricians office for his 2 month checkup this morning at 10am.

He measured in at 23 1/4 inches ling and weighed in at 13 lbs and 13.4 ounces!

As we were meeting with his nurse, Bennett was naked except for a diaper and a body sized soft blanket. Cuddly and happy, he was all smiles and coos. He was putting on a charming show for the nurse. If he had only known what was to come next...

Two nurses, prepped with 3 needles (5 vaccines via shot and one oral) for Bennett.I laid him on the patient table for a nurse to feed him his oral vaccination. Surprisingly he took that very well; it appeared to be about 1ml of vaccine. Then the nurse asked me to rotate him such that she and another nurse had access to his hammy thighs. I appeared upside-down to Bennett as he laid on the table. He and I locked eyes. He grasped my thumbs like he was holding on to the handlebars of a bike on his first ride. I said to him that this is not going to be pleasant... Then the nurses had at his hammy thighs. But before Bennett could really get out a really loud scream, it was over. He had received his shots in less than 10 seconds and has two Sesame Street band aids to show off on his legs.
Shortly after the shots, Bennett was asleep in his car seat and on his way to a lunch with mommy and daddy at panera.

No comments:

Post a Comment