Friday, March 13, 2015

Last night Caroline slept in her bed from about 7:30-1:30. Not too bad for her first time sleeping in the crib. It's sad that it's her first time and she's days away from 5 months but it is what it is. We went to the gym in the morning and Caroline was super tired when we got home so I decided to try her crib again. 

I'm sure sleeping face down like that goes against a lot of rules. She lasted in the crib for 30 minutes, and then another 15 after I did some back patting. But then she started screaming so I popped her in the swing because I was nearly finished putting Bennett down for his nap. When I finally got her, we went downstairs and she fell asleep nearly instantly. Minutes later she let out a few farts and what sounded like a poop. She didn't stir so I was debating whether or not to wake her and change the diaper. I checked and a changed was mandatory. 


Needless to say she was in a great mood afterwards. While I was cleaning up I laid her on the burp cloth, on her back, with her head pointing towards the fireplace. Then went to the laundry room to soak her clothes. When I got back I found her flipped over, turned 180 degrees and about a foot away from the burp cloth.  How?? Amazing! (It was kind of creepy, surprising but creepy to find her this way, but I have a feeling she was trying to find me. 
Then I tried to make her do it again but she wanted to chat and fell asleep in my arms shortly after. 
Bennett took a long nap so I went to check on him in bed, to see if he was alive. He was sitting in bed when I walked in. He smiled and said, "Snack. Nana... Choo choo pasta!!" So I compromised and asked if he wanted a banana milkshake. He sure did. As I was making it I asked him to grab me a cup. He went to his cabinet and pulled one out. "This one. Big!" Yea, it was in fact the larger of his cups. Smart kid. 

As we were having snack we were watching tv. They were playing a video of a fox. Bennett looks at it and goes, "F*ck. F*ck." "Uh, fox?" "Yeah!!!" So we probably need to work on his pronounciation. After snack we took the girls for a walk and played some baseball. He gets very excited when I say, "Heeeyyy batter batter... Swing batter batter," when he is up to bat. "I batter," he says. 


When we were playing baseball my flip flop fell off and I asked him to wait while I out it back on. After it was on I told him j was ready and he looked at my feet. "I fix shoe." Apparently the thong piece wasn't all the way between my toes so he came over, crouched down and tried to shove it in further. "Thanks, buddy," I said to him. He is definitely becoming a mama's boy. I've noticed it a lot more this past week because he tries to copy everything I do. Put on slippers, he finds his slippers. Stick my foot in the air, and he does the same. It's actually kind of sweet but he probably need to pick a better role model to copy. 

Tonight Caroline went to sleep in her crib around 8 pm. She slept until 10:15 and woke up mad. I didn't want her to get in the habit of eating whenever she was mad and wanted to go back to sleep. After a while, we tried the pacifier and it worked! She actually sucked it until she fell asleep. Desperate times calls for desperate measures when you want to suck but your parents won't let you eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment