Monday, July 27, 2015

Mama

Last night Caroline's fever was spiking again and she was super fussy and angry. She woke up every couple of hours, screaming and whining. At 2 am, we gave her some Tylenol, and when it kicked it, she screamed less. But she woke up one time, and wanted me, so I cuddled with her and could see her face illuminated by my clock. I'm guessing she could see me too, since she was looking at my eyes and kept saying/whining, "Maaahhhhh. Maaaahhhh," which is usually what she says when she's screaming, only it's more like, "MAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!" Then I'd say, "Yes, I know you're sick. You want mama to help you. I'm trying but I don't know what is wrong." She kept saying it, and finally she stopped and goes, "Mama," super clearly. The first time she said, "Mama," so it was super exciting! Then I assured her that yes, I am her mama and I'm trying to make her feel better. Then she made some happy noises and fell asleep. I really hate being woken up in the middle of the night but that one was actually worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment