Caroline LOVES her Belle doll
We also found out she can draw people!
2/8: Kindergarten Round Up:
Bennett made a hockey player to celebrate the olympics:
Big Belle is getting creepy:
About to get a haircut:
2/11: Minnetonka Winter Fest
The kids went skating for the first time. Bennett actually did really great!
Valentine's Day:
Joel and I had a HUGE parenting fail on Valentine's Day morning. Joel and I had cards from the kids to parents and Bennett had a card for Caroline... but due to miscommunication, Caroline did not get a card for Bennett. It was a tearful morning and we felt terrible. I decided to go all out after school, with a Valentine's Day scavenger hunt, hoping to undo the horribleness of Bennett's lack of card:
Made a dragon to talk to Bennett's class about Chinese New Year (it looks a lot better than it held up):
Ballet class... Caroline was out cold. I was able to change her without waking her, but she woke up just in time to perform:
2/17: We went to MOA for a Chinese New Year celebration. Afterwards, the kids each got to ride one ride. Caroline chose the carousel, of course. Bennett wanted to go on a big roller coaster. The line was tremendous, so while the boys were waiting, Caroline and I hung out at the American Girl store
Bennett went cross country skiing for the first time. He was a natural!
2/21: Bennett's birthday! He woke up to fun decorations, as is our tradition:
Then we celebrated with dinner at Pinstripes, which Bennett LOVED. We had a great server who also brought us three huge desserts to celebrate. Then off to Chuck E Cheese:
Before bed, we updated our growth chart. For the first time, Bennett was able to write his name:
2/24: Joel had to go to an event on Saturday morning, so the kids and I went out for breakfast:
2/25: We had a few friends over for Bennett's not-birthday party:
Caroline started swim lessons with Bennett:
3/2: Disney On Ice. We surprised the kids with tickets and obviously couldn't resist getting them ridiculously expensive light up toys. They enjoyed the show, but Caroline definitely got tired halfway through. She was sitting on my lap and whispered, "I am sooooo sleepy. I want to go home."
The great angel hair pasta show down. I made shrimp scampi for dinner and Caroline was just not having any of it. "I don't want to eat angels!" she said and wanted bread instead. I told her she had to eat at least three bites if she was going to have anything else to eat. There was a lot of screaming and crying. It was such a horrible dinner.
Show down negotiations in progress:
3/7: Bennett's five year old check-up:
Daniel Tiger at the Children's Museum:
Hockey player:
Caroline wanted to read bedtime stories in our bed. When I walked in to the room, I found her waiting for me like this:
Wearing mommy's boots mean you are mommy:
Bennett gets a pre-trip haircut... it ended up SOOOOOOOO short:
Sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's:
Bennett makes brownies:
3/24: Birthday party at Pump It Up
Someone went to Hawaii and bought Caroline a hula girl outfit:
Caroline tucked Belle in for bed. NOT AT ALL CREEPY LIKE A REAL PERSON IS LAYING ON THE FLOOR. Joel walked in and honestly thought it was Caroline:
Dancing at bedtime:
Sick day for Caroline, but I needed to do a little work, so she came with me. I packed a backpack full of food and toys. Caroline threw in a brioche snack:
She did an AWESOME job. She stayed quiet as a mouse and few pictures, ate snacks and played her Kindle:
3/30: No school for Good Friday. I took the kids to the Hopkins Pavillion, then to Kobe for lunch:
3/31: Egg hunt at Trader Joe's:
Swenson Easter. Caroline got an Easter bonnet:
Showing off her mean wrestling face:
4/1: Easter
Egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa's:
If you take a mouse to Bennett's house:
Tantrum at the mall:
4/7: Caroline gets her first haircut. She did great! She was scared to sit in the chair at first, so I put on a video and she did a great job.
Before and Afters. Just a teeny bit off the ends:


No comments:
Post a Comment