With "Mummmmm" resuming work Wednesday, August 28, I took Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off to be with him. I tried very hard to get Bennett to say "Daddy" and variants thereof - but to no avail. Smiles and giggles will suffice though!
I have never said that being a stay-at-home parent was easy, but... its a lot of work and I had no idea that it would wipe me out by the end of the day. I wonder how people can take care of more than 1 infant/kid at a time! I had big aspirations to complete house tasks (clean the garage, wipe down the floors, laundry) and read a book. Needless to say, I completed none of them.
We have been going to the YMCA every day, we made it to target, and had lunch with an old college friend in Uptown. So we have managed to stay busy; however, I have not been the best nap maker. His sleep schedule is kind of messed since I have reduced his typical naps from 90 minutes to 45 minutes. Its something I definitely have to work on.
I can tell that he misses Mommy throughout the day. For instance, today when I was changing him at 3:30pm, he looked directly at Mommy in a photo above his changing table, locked eyes, and smiled...
I snapped a photo of Bennett in his hat while having a great time in the excer-saucer.
I had no idea that he could get up on all fours. He has been doing this a lot these past 3 days.
Isla is trying really hard to make another friend. Whereas, Luca knows better than to get to close...
So, Luca gets her own picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment