Bennett started getting pretty fussy for his afternoon nap, partially because he usually does in the afternoons and partially because of the shots. After 10 minutes I didn't have the heart to let him cry it out anymore so I picked him up and tried to rock him. I think the vaccinations were bugging him because when I'd move him around he'd cry harder. So I took him into our bed (this seems to be a recurring nap time thing) to lay down with him. He was pretty fussy so I closed my eyes (because sometimes he goes to sleep if he thinks I'm sleeping) and started singing "Rock a Bye Baby." He instantly stopped fussing so I opened my eyes and he was staring at me with big happy eyes and a smile in his face. So I closed my eyes and he started singing too. Every time I'd open my eyes to check on him, he'd be staring at me with the same sweet adoring expression on his face. Like he was thinking, "Is this for me? Are you doing this all for me?" Then soon after he fell asleep with his don't-leave-me arm laying across my chest. Moments like this make all it all worth it. Plus, when he sleeps well, he wakes up a happy boy.


No comments:
Post a Comment