Wednesday, September 16, 2015
11 Months
Well, this is it, the last month Caroline's age is referred to in months (technically, although I'm sure I'll do it until she's 2). It is so bittersweet because I am SUPER happy I won't have to do updates monthly, but yearly (so I still have to do one next month) but that means she's growing up! This month was one of the months I actually shed a tear for the loss of my baby because Caroline is walking. WALKING! Like an adult! Actually, more like stumbling around like a drunk college student, but she's up on two feet. The one good thing about this is, her wardrobe is going to get a whole lot better now that she can wear dresses all the time. She has been walking since September 1st, so it has only been a little over two weeks but she has come so far in those two weeks. Now she can walk across a room confidently, and catch herself better before she falls. But a walker. She's a walker. Babies aren't walkers because walkers are toddlers. Caroline is a toddler! This is NOT okay. It is one thing for her to be an 11 month old baby, but not an 11 month old toddler. Ugh... my little baby.
This has been a rough month for Caroline, with her ear infection and antibiotic shots. Plus, just before the ear infection she had a cold, or maybe it was teeth, because she pushed out teeth 7 and 8 this month. Either way, I think she spent most of her 10 month of life not feeling well. Poor little thing! Because of all this, I don't think she spent a single night sleeping in her crib. Not a single one! I think the most she slept in her crib was until 2 am one night. Otherwise, she has been coming into our bed around midnight each night. Some nights, having her in bed is super nice. Like this past Sunday, she was so wonderfully cuddly. Every time I'd move, she'd just snuggle in a little closer. However, most night are spent with her turning horizontal, and kicking me nonstop. We may have a big bed, but she is too big to sleep sideways (plus, it doesn't help that Bennett has made it into our bed a few nights too). It is nice waking up next to Caroline though. She scrambles to sit up and has a huge smile on her face. Then she likes to babble and hit us until we acknowledge her. Like, she will literally make sure I'm awake, then crawl to Joel's side of the bed and hit him until he wakes. It's really kind of sweet, and when it's at an appropriate time (like after 6 am) it's really the best way to be woken up.
Caroline has become super chatty this month. "Wah wah wah. wah waaaahhh wah. bah bah bah. wah wah wah." Bennett thinks it is hilarious and will walk around saying, "wah wah wah" too. Sometimes she'll say, "ma ma" and mean it, but usually she just babbles. She has started clapping, especially when we say, "Yay!" She also shakes her head no, and it seems like she means it. Like if I offer her more food and she is full, she will shake her head no, or things like that. So I think she actually means it. She still flicks her lips with her fingers when she wants to eat. It's kind of fun that she can communicate a bit, but it's not too hard to figure her out. She is always super super happy during the morning, and if she is ever whiny it is because she is tired. Then after daycare, she is hungry or tired. Really, being hungry or tired are the reasons why most people are in a bad mood... but she is still predictable... unless it's the middle of the night. The middle of the night is really a mystery. She usually insists on eating, and yes, she insists. She will cry and scream with Joel for an hour or two, but the instant she eats, she is fast asleep. At 4 am, she has a ton of gas and is super fussy, but this has always been the case.
I have to say that Caroline is proving to be a happy baby, but likes things her way. When she is happy, everything makes her smile and laugh. Bennett is usually really funny to her, it doesn't matter what he does, but it is apparently hilarious. She likes being scared and playing peekaboo. If she doesn't like something, she'll quickly and persistently push it away, and likewise if she wants something, she will relentless work to take it. Bennett was at least a bit distractible, and we could give him something else to occupy his attention, but that is not the case with this little girl. I have always been against calling little girl 'princesses' but there is no more accurate way to describe Caroline.
She likes finger foods, but still isn't a fan of purees. Caroline has always liked ice cream though, so I thought she'd be a fan of yogurt. She had a few bites once, but has shown no interest in it since. I don't think she's a picky eater because she will try all solids we give her, but she may have more issues with textures, so it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out. She is beginning to like music and will dance when she hears something she likes. Caroline loves baths and playing with water. She hates having her hair done, but it is necessary since her hair is long enough to get in her eyes. The ends are still a little curly, which I love. She has quite a bit of hair growing in too, so I think in a few months, she'll have super thick hair. Hopefully she grows to like bows and headbands, because I'm planning a future full of them.
Last month with my little baby (because I refuse to call her a toddler). Ah! I don't think I can take it! These past 11 months have flown by too quickly, and I am not okay with it! But I am excited to see what she takes interest in. Books, music and dance were and are Bennett's favorite. Caroline still doesn't have much interest in books, but she is getting there with the dance and music! Either way, I do see her continuing to be our family's little princess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment