Today was Bennett and August's 100 day old party. (Bennett and August are actually 101 and 120 days old, respectively.) It was a great chance for family and friends to meet and celebrate the boys. The party was held in the afternoon, which was naturally when Bennett's long 1-1.5 hour nap of the day was supposed to take place, but he held it together pretty well.
He had to eat twice during the party which made me the most nervous, since he spits up like a fountain after he eats, and knowing everyone would want to hold him... it made me pretty anxious. He was passed around quite a bit and got pretty fussy about an hour and a half into the party. Great Grandma Harriett won the lottery and got him just when he was ready to nap.
Unfortunately for her arms, that meant she was stuck holding him for a half hour as he slept. I think she may be a little sore tomorrow, but I was really glad he was able to sleep with all the commotion. After he woke up, he was passed around again, and after an hour, it was just a bit too much for him. Too many new people and too many new faces in his face. August had had enough too.
![]() |
| Poor guys!! |
Bennett was able to calm down a bit and take a picture with two of his three great grandmas. Joel and I were both SO happy we had the opportunity to take a picture of this!
After the party, Great Grandma and Grandpa stopped out to see the house. Naturally, we squeezed in some pictures.
Bennett was really starting to melt down at this point, but can you blame the kid? He got a 30 minute nap instead of his usual 1-1.5 hour nap, then he gets home and should've been napping again but was forced to take pictures! And because he has horrible parents, after everyone left, we forced him to take some more. We've been waiting for a nice sunny day to get dressed up for photos, and with how horrible the weather has been, we had to seize the opportunity. Poor Bennett.
After this, the poor kid had had more than enough. He was so tired and made sure I knew how tired he was. Big crocodile tears and so much screaming. I eventually took him into our bed and did some intense cuddling. After about twenty minute he fell asleep. (And yes, this is really out of character for Bennett. He is really good about going to bed on his own. There are nights he prefers to go to bed by himself instead of doing some rocking in the rocking chair.) Well, that was around 7:30. Now it is 11:30 and he is still sleeping in our bed... on my side of the bed, naturally. He's had such a rough day, I feel bad kicking him out. Plus, I want to let the poor kid sleep. I think I'll try to snuggle in next to him and let him sleep in our bed for once. After a day like today, and being as good as he was, he deserves it!










No comments:
Post a Comment