Thursday, June 13, 2013

16 Weeks


Well, it is Thursday again, which means Bennett is another week older. This week marks his fourth month of life (when you count weeks versus going by the 21st of each month). Some days it feels like our lives prior to his arrival were a lifetime ago, but then I think about pregnancy and it isn't hard to remember how much I hated being pregnant. Still, he may be 112 days old but I remember his birth as though it happened yesterday.


So what is new with Bennett this week... Well, it seems like he isn't enjoying baby yoga as much as he used to. He seems a bit more agitated this week than usual. He fusses, screams, and goes straight as a board for a few minutes, then a few minutes after that, he spits up a lot. This makes me think his new medicine (which he LOVES the taste of) isn't as effective as his old stuff. I think that maybe this could be why he isn't enjoying baby yoga as much. He just doesn't like to lay down and prefers to be held upright. He has a doctor appointment next week, so I'll just wait until then to see what they think.

Bennett still loves to gab, shriek, chat and coo. I find it so amazing that he loves to have conversations with us. I wish I knew what he was saying, but regardless, he could be a chatterbox when he gets older. Earlier tonight I was trying to settle him down for bed, so we laid in our bed and read a few books. He chatted the whole time I was reading and singing to him. I'm not sure if he was reading to me or chatting to the pictures on the pages, but it was pretty cute. (Eventually he fell asleep as I read/sang through 'Rock A Bye Baby' for the fourth time. I think lullabies work! It was one sweet mommy moment.)

Yay! The return of the basket!
Since Bennett was born, when he falls asleep, he makes faces as he dreams. Last night he must've been having a good dream because he kept smiling. After a few minutes, the smile turned into a silent giggle and I could feel his stomach vibrating. Then a few minutes later, he giggled out loud and woke himself up. There has only been one other time I have heard him laugh out loud, and it was again when he was sleeping. It is seriously the best sound and I can't wait for the day he will do it in response to something he thinks is funny.


Bennett still loves massages of any kind and we use foot massages to settle him down when he needs to relax for a nap or bed. I wonder if/when he'll find them more ticklish than relaxing. His eyes are brown about 80% of the time now, but there are still moments where the blue/gray will come through. He is mostly in 6 month clothing now, although there are a few 3-6 month summer outfits I still stick him in. They're just too cute to put away and this summer has been so mild he hasn't been able to wear them much yet. A little snug for the sake of fashion is okay, right?

We are having a big housewarming party on Saturday, so this week has been pretty hectic and I'm sure these next two days will be worse. Let's cross our fingers and hope Bennett cooperates so that we can get some things done. He actually isn't TOO bad about sitting near us as we're doing things, but when he is bored, he definitely lets us know.
Mmm, tasty!

Bennett got this outfit from his 100 Day party. It's not the best picture, but the outfit is too cute!

... And, he's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment