Bennett loves to sleep with us. It doesn't happen ALL the time but I can see we have some bad habits forming. He still wakes up around 4 am most nights and we're usually so tired, we grab him and bring him into bed with us, where he snuggles in and falls back asleep. Sometimes he's wakes up at this time because he is hungry but I'm beginning to wonder if he just wants to sleep in our bed, or maybe we just need to try to get him to fall back asleep in his crib.
For naps there are times he'll fall asleep in his swing or sleep rocker. Sometimes I'll rock him to sleep and then put him in his crib. But by far the easiest way to get him to sleep, especially for a long nap, is to lay in our bed with him. Today he was kind of fussy for a nap so I brought him into our room and took this picture.
And right after that he was out: 

It literally didn't take him more than 2 minutes to fall asleep once we laid down. Is it THAT horrible that he sleeps in our bed so much or that we cuddle him to sleep? (Don't answer that.) I figure he has a lifetime to sleep alone and daycare can get him to nap on his own. We're going to snuggle him while we can... And then we'll just lock the door to our room when we're sick of it. Ha!





No comments:
Post a Comment