Caroline's teachers sent this photo with the caption: Success!
They were genuinely excited when we picked her up. One teacher said she was SO excited to take that picture for us.
After daycare we made a horrible trek out to St. Paul to watch Daddy play softball. The drive was terrible but Bennett had a blast and Caroline didn't cry the whole way there.
Bennett really had a blast. He liked playing on the playground. Then we watched daddy bat. I told Bennett to cheer him on and he yelled, "Hey Daaaddd!" I told him a more appropriate cheer was probably, "Go Daddy!" So he yelled that when Joel hit the ball. Then I explained to positions to him and the bases. Later Joel gave him a softball and we were playing catch (because I told him how important it is to practice if he wants to play in a team some day). Then our game of catch (which was mostly me flinching every time he aimless threw the ball in my direction) turned into a competition to race for the ball. Naturally I never left him win but he thought it was hilarious that is chase after him as he was running for the ball too. Sometimes if he got too close, I'd swoop him up and set him further from the ball so that I could get it. He really loved the game and kept saying, "race mommy! Race!"





No comments:
Post a Comment