Monday, June 22, 2015

Today Caroline and mommy stayed home. She had a rough night Sunday and was up about every hour crying, even though she came to bed with us around midnight. She had a fever of 101.3 and since she was extra thirsty last night, we decided I'd stay home with her today. With the fever and not taking a bottle at daycare, I didn't want her to get dehydrated. Like yesterday, she slept a lot. She's sleep for an hour, wake up and play for a half hour and then start crashing and get super fussy. Then she'd sleep again and repeat. While she did wake up from her naps super happy, it was clear the sickness was taking a toll on her, because she got tired so easily and wanted to cuddle, so we watched a lot of TV. 












The times that she was awake she was super fun. Really chatty today. After one nap she was in a happy mood and everything I did was hilarious. We were rolling around in bed, playing with blankets, and she was laughing. I hadn't ever heard her laugh in so many different ways and for so long. After a half hour of super happiness she was done and wanted to be held so I had her in the carrier while I prepped dinner. 











As Joel pointed out, this was my first time home with her all day by myself, since she was just a few weeks old. It reminds me of maternity leave with Bennett, when I could focus all my attention on one person. So nice. It makes me sad that we can't have more days like this but I am glad we got today together. We thought she was doing better but after dinner we went to Target and she started to get really warm again. We checked her temp when we got home and it was 100.9. Poor girl. She was hard to put down tonight, very restless but hopefully she gets a good nights sleep and wakes up better tomorrow. 

Bennett had a good day at daycare. He managed to have 3 small accidents... We only sent two pairs of shorts with, so he came home in a pair of loaners. The note said they were all 'small' accidents though, whatever that means. Hopefully that's normal though and daycare is willing to continue with not wearing diapers. 
Before bedtime he kept saying, "Mom, you turn me on. You turn me on. You turn me on outside." I had him repeat it a few times. He had been playing outside and I was waving to him from our bedroom window. Maybe he meant like a TV, I was turning on the window and watching him outside??? But really, I have absolutely no idea what he was saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment