Friday, January 1, 2016

New Years Day

The first day of 2016! Caroline had a rough night but slept in until 8:30! Usually 7 is sleeping in on the weekends so 8:30 was a treat! Hopefully her New Years resolution is to sleep in her crib for the entire night. And if it is, she is off to a rough start. Around 4 am, she was spazzing out so we stripped her and she slept well, which also means she woke up naked, cuddling with me. I have to say, as frustrating as the nights are, I love waking up next to her in the morning. I can't help thinking that the day is going to come where she sleeps in our bed for the last time, and I'm going to miss how small and snuggly she is. Even now, Bennett rarely sleeps in our bed... Most because Caroline is there and we don't want them to wake each other up. But Caroline is such a happy girl when s hr wakes up, it's a treat. 



I can't believe how much she's changing. She's definitely losing some baby fat and thinning out. Her thighs are much less chunky and her little baby boobs are shrinking. I want her to stay my little chubby baby, but also grow up and be more independent like Bennett. It's sad I can't have things my way. 

A few days ago I bought Bennett a $5 dinosaur costume from H&M. It was so cheap and for ages 2-4 so I figured he could wear it for a while. Well apparently this morning was the day. We were getting ready to go to the Childens Museum at MOA and I told Bennett to change. He said he'd change into his dinosaur costume. (Or 'saurus' as he calls it) Well, I told him he had to wear clothes underneath and then we'd see how it goes. 'How it goes' turned into him wearing the costume to MOA, and then the whole time we were there. 

Sure. Why not? I mean, he was cute and it was better than a bike helmet, plus he was SO happy... So he got to wear it. At least he's confident in what he wears. 


After the museum and lunch, we went home for the kids to nap (still in costume).  Then we went to Brielle's for dinner, still in costume. Sure. Why not? 
I mean, in the grand scheme of things there are worse things than your kid dressed as a dinosaur ALL DAY LONG, right? Just knowing Bennett and his demeanor, the costume is so fitting. It's like he knows it'll delight people he comes across. I can't count how many people looked at him at the mall and smiled, plus I'm sure it helped that he's not an annoying little brat too!

No comments:

Post a Comment