We went to MacPhail to listen to music. Caroline was more into than Bennett was, who seemed kind of bored and said he wanted a snack.
Sunday
We went to Winter Fest, held by the city of Minnetonka. Like Summer Fest, it was a huge hit with the kids. Bennett couldn't have been more excited to go on the dog sled. When he finished his lap around the pond, I could see the huge smile plastered on his face from a mile away. Naturally, he immediately wanted to get back into the giant line and take another turn, but we didn't.
We went to Winter Fest, held by the city of Minnetonka. Like Summer Fest, it was a huge hit with the kids. Bennett couldn't have been more excited to go on the dog sled. When he finished his lap around the pond, I could see the huge smile plastered on his face from a mile away. Naturally, he immediately wanted to get back into the giant line and take another turn, but we didn't.
Then to be fair, I asked Caroline if she wanted one too. She nodded yes, so she got a star on her hand.
Another picture of Spiderman:
Then we went to one of the rooms with a DJ dance party. We had seen this particular DJ before, during the Halloween festivities at Byerly's. Maybe it was the dimmed lighting or the missed nap, but Bennett was SUPER into the dancing. Most impressive was that most of the other kids dancing without parents, were years older than him, but being ever so confident in his dancing, Bennett wasn't shy. At one point, they had the kids get into a circle, to do a dance-off. Kids could volunteer to be picked and do a solo dance in the center. Bennett's hand immediately shot up and Joel and I looked at each other. We weren't convinced he knew what he was volunteering for, but a few kids went, and each time they asked for more volunteers, Bennett's hand shot up in the air. Finally, he was picked. I believe the DJ said, "How about this little guy here?" again, by far the youngest kid volunteering. Bennett ran to the center of the circle and did about 10 big frog hops around, then ran back to his spot in the circle. Joel and I were pretty shocked. We really didn't think he knew what he was volunteering for, and were skeptical that he'd know what to do if he were picked. Simply amazing. I always knew Bennett was outgoing, but I didn't realize what a ballsy kid I had. I don't think I've been more proud of him, and it's not just because as a former dancer, I'm hoping one of the kids will follow in my footsteps. As an adult, I don't have the confidence or guts to dance solo in front of a group of people, it'd actually be horrify to be in his position, but there he is, just a month shy of 3, showing us all how to do it. And I have to point out that his frog hops were a good choice, as the other 8-10 year olds who had done solos looked like they were having awkward seizures, so it's not like his performance was under par.














No comments:
Post a Comment