Saturday I got up early with the kids, because I'm a nice wife. It was okay. Bennett helped me make monkey bread. He actually did a fantastic job and was very engaged. He liked to taste the ingredients we were using, like sugar, cinnamon and butter. It was really fun to bake together. Then they got a little crabby:
Then we went to an open gym. Both kids had a great time.
Then the kids had lunch in the car so that we could go to family day at he Minnetonka fire station. Last year we went and Bennett got stuck at the top of the giant slide. Not this year:
He went up and down probably 20 times. Then we saw some fire trucks.
After naps, Bennett went to grandma and grandpa's. It was probably Bennett's last sleepover there with August before Grandpas surgery. Totally a bummer for the boys because they love sleepovers!
While Bennett was having his sleepover Caroline and I spent some time at the mall.
Then she struck a nice model pose:
She also went on her first escalator where she actually walked on and off.
Sunday I again got up early with Caroline. She actually slept pretty well this weekend. She got up once on Friday night. Saturday night she woke up at midnight and then at 4:15. She went back to sleep with Joel's help at midnight and I fed her and let her sleep in our bed at 4:15. She was up by 7 so we enjoyed some mom and daughter time.
I took her to grandma's house to get Bennett. We stayed through naps:
Then Caroline and I stayed home while the boys went to pick up some takeout for dinner
No comments:
Post a Comment