Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Italy Day 3

The kids had a terrible night. During the dinner both got super tired but got their second wind after we got home. Caroline ended up going to bed just before midnight and Bennett was closer to 12:39. Ugh. Joel left the room around 7:30. Both kids had woken up a bit crabby. I'm not sure what happened but the next thing I knew it was 8:30. I think Caroline went back to sleep but I'm not sure if Bennett did or not. Bennett was anxious to see if Charlie was downstairs at breakfast so he got dressed extremely quickly and we were out the door. 

Charlie was at breakfast so the kids played for a little bit after. We decided to head to the castle but Charlie stayed at the hotel. It was a tough sweaty walk. Caroline walked maybe 2% of it but we did it. 

Joel's schedule was different than yesterday's so our well timed walk meant he was actually in class. Shoot. But he jumped out to meet us for a few minutes. The kids were really excited to see him. Then he went back to the conference and we toured the castle. Bennett was really excited to see the castle and was amazed at the big staircases. But not surprisingly they didn't have much interest in the frescos and architecture. 


Before Joel left us he got us some child appropriate swag. The kids were very pleased with their new toys.

Monkey see, monkey do:

Bennett wanted to see some knights but the closest thing we saw was a painting with some nights.



Just as we started the walk, Caroline fell asleep. It was after noon, so it was super sunny, hot and humid. It was a loooonnnggg sloowww walk. Poor Bennett was so tired. He wanted to stop like 6 times to rest. I don't blame him. I wanted to rest too. To his defense, he never once complained about walking and didn't ask me to hold him. That was pretty good. 

Of course Caroline woke up when we got back, and was wired. We had a little picnic. Bennett ate tons of salami.
Then Bennett fell asleep, with hopes of swimming after his nap. Caroline had no desires to sleep.
Of course as Bennett was napping, it started to get cloudy and rain. No swimming today. Now they're up and we are playing with some new toys.

The rest of our evening was pretty uneventful. Caroline, in particular, got tired and angry so she walked around throwing toys and crayons. Then Bennett wanted to go back inside so we did and I needed a break so the kids got to watch videos. I feel it was justified because it was raining out and there was nothing to do. Caroline didn't nap, which meant I couldn't nap, so whatever. A video it was!
 Eventually Joel came back around 6 and we were on the hunt for food. Most restaurants don't open until late in the evening, after 7. The front desk lady kindly called around to different restaurant for us, and some other conference people also looking for food at an unusual Italian time. So we all went to eat together, including Bennett's Charlie. Caroline slept through the beginning of dinner and woke up crabby. We ended up leaving early. Hopefully they go to bed early tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment