Today we haven't done too much. The kids went to bed late again, Bennett just after 11 and Caroline around 11:30. Bennett woke up around 7:30 when Joel was up. I'm not sure if he went to sleep after Joel left but when I woke up a little after 8:30, he was already awake. I took a shower and then he took a shower. They have a shower head that can be held, which we don't have at home so Bennett took a nice long 15 minute shower by himself. He did tell me his favorite part of the trip so far was when he got to go swimming, and since its been rainy, this is as close as we can get to swimming. Eventually Caroline woke up around 9:30 and we went to breakfast. Charlie was already eating, and Bennett was happy but bashful to see her. While we were eating Caroline pointed to her ear and said, "ear," and I saw she had some drainage from her ear. We figured she had an ear infection and the ear drops don't seem to be doing the trick, although she had quite the cold as well, which always results in an ear infection. It does seem to be just her ear without the tube, so the tube must be doing its job on the other side.
We are a slow breakfast, then Veronica, Charlie's mom, and I chatted while the kids played in the breakfast room. It was rainy out and our plan was to walk to the castle to join the guys for lunch. After breakfast we went to the room because Bennett wanted to get a ball and play outside under the canopy. Charlie never showed up, so we bummed around for a while. Finally it was after noon and we were thinking of walking up to the castle on our own. Then Joel texted and said he's been talking to Anders, Charlie's dad, and Charlie didn't feel like walking. Truth be told, I didn't even want to walk to the castle anyway today, and were just going to tag along with Veronica and Charlie, so we decided to walk around town a bit and get lunch. Naturally Caroline was crabby so I stuck her in the carrier and she fell asleep. Eventually we decided to eat some pizza and Caroline woke up too.
Of course when we were nearly done Bennett said he had to pee. The restaurant didn't have a toilet so I wrapped up the pizza in some napkins and we ran back to the hotel. Bennett made it, which was great! Then we finished up lunch.
All day Caroline has been pointing to her butt and saying, "poop," so I take her to the potty and she sits for a while and let's out the teeniest little fart. This has happened twice. I hope it means she's getting close to being ready for potty training and not some game. Then it was nap time. I think Bennett fell asleep around 2:30. I'm not too sure though because I fell asleep myself. When I woke up it was 3 and Caroline was awake. Was she awake the whole time? Did she sleep? Who knows. But I know she needed a nap. After she insisted on going to the potty, I got her to take a nap.
Around 3:30 Bennett woke up. He rolled over, saw Caroline was asleep and said, "Mom, Caroline is asleep. I will be right here if she wakes up and needs something. I'll be right here if she has a problem." Too cute.
After naps, it wasn't raining so we went for some gelato. It was a great way to kill time, make the kids happy and hopefully hold them over until dinner.
When we got back to the hotel we bummed around by the pool, waiting for Joel to return.
It was chilly out but that didn't keep Bennett away from the pool. He had to dip his feet in.
Then Charlie came out and Joel came back. Charlie really wanted to swim so her parents let her strip down and go in the cold water. I mean, it really was chilly out. After a while, Bennett couldn't resist and asked to go in. His shorts were already soaked from splashing by the pool, so why not. Plus, what a great way to immerse him in the European culture.
After a while, Charlie stepped off the shallow ledge and went under water (she can't swim either). Her dad jumped in but Joel was able to reach out and grab her flailing hand. Poor girl, and it was scary, but she was okay. It helped us out though, since she was done swimming, it made it easier to get Bennett out of the pool. And despite being soooooo cold, he was still reluctant to get out.
With the impromptu swimming, it killed time until dinner. We were the first ones in the restaurant at 7:30. Luckily for us the restaurant was pretty deserted and we were sitting next to the empty lobby. Bennett and Charlie spent a lot of time holding hands and running around.

































No comments:
Post a Comment