Sunday, June 5, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

We started off the weekend by going to the cemetery in Saturday and then went out with the family to dim sum. Everyone loves crab claws. Bennett ate at least three by himself. 


Then we went to the Klein's for a BBQ. 

The night ended with a bunch of wild kids and mommy wanting to sleep. 




Sunday the kids went to grandma and grandpas much of the day so that we could organize the office. It was a big success! Monday Bennett learned how to take pictures with the phone. 

A few times he said, "oh, that was only daddy's mouth." 


We found out old point and shoot camera so Bennett started playing around with that. That camera isn't the best anyways, so a lot of his pictures were blurry but he definitely took an interest in it. 


Looking at these pictures of him working he camera remind me how old he is. There are times I realize he's only three, he has the tantrums and wants to be held, because he's *only* three. Then there are times like this, where he takes interest in grownup things and it hits me that he's only three going on thirteen. Or when Caroline is frustrating me, he'll remind me to not yell at Caroline. He's so smart and compassionate, it's hard to believe he's only three sometimes.


We hung around outside for most of the day. The day's agenda was to pack for the trio. We didn't get much of that done... But we did try taking some pictures for a Gap casting call. Fingers crossed the kids become rich child models. 


This ended up being Bennett's submission photo:
I used an old picture of Caroline, from when she got her purple glitter sneakers. 




This is Bennett's funny face but it pretty accurately describes how he felt about photos: 


He really tried SO hard. 




Then we had a little water day and played with water cannons. It was super fun. Bennett quickly learned he could run under the cherry blossom tree, and be out of reach of the cannons. 

Before lunch Caroline got super tired and fell asleep as I was holding her. Joel set up the hammock so that we could lay down. When she woke up, she was kind of confused. I think it was the first time she has woken up sleeping under the canopy of trees. It was he perfect weather for a nap in a hammock too. She was so happy. I wish I could've taken a picture of her face because it was pure bliss. Then we sat up and I sang "row row row the boat" while we swayed back and forth. She LOVED that. Grandpa and grandma came over for lunch. Then Caroline and I went shopping with grandma. When we got back, the kids enjoyed the hammock again. 


Then Bennett took them for a spin in his car. Luckily they both fit in the single seater, and Caroline wanted to go sooooo badly but doesn't know how to drive. It was too cute. 





We finally got a pot for the plant Bennett got me for Mother's Day (from daycare) but I realized I never took a picture of the gift he got me. 


Then at 4 pm Bennett fell asleep. We could not wake him up. We tried many times. 
He finally woke up at 6 pm and somehow still went to bed around 9. Not TOO bad consider the time of his nap. I also became 'that' mom and painted Caroline's toe nails. She LOVED them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment