Saturday, June 18, 2016

Italy Day 7

We had another beach day. First the kids say on the balcony playing with shoes.


Then we had breakfast. 


Then headed to the beach. 





Then it was time to pay up on the Popsicle I promised Bennett. See how eagerly he was running to get it?



I also got a peach Popsicle for Caroline but she wanted nothing to do with it so I gave it to Bennett to being to Joel while Caroline and I walked around. Not more than two steps onto the beach he dropped it in the sand... Joel said he washed it off and it tasted fine though. It was very hot and humid, and Caroline fell asleep as I wandered up some streets. When I made it back to the beach some half hour later, I attempted to lay her on the towel to sleep and it worked.

Unfortunately she was awake not more than 5 minutes later. At least she got a nap in. She has been so incredibly tough these past few days. I think it's gotta to be sleep deprivation because she seems to be getting over her sickness, and has now taken three of the five doses of antibiotics. She throws full body tantrums at least every other hour, if not every hour. Just screaming, stiff body, lots of anger. It's worse at night when for the past 2-3 nights she's has 15-30 minute bouts of inconsolable screaming. It's really ridiculous. I'm sure the hotel is ready to kick us out. But she also hasn't been eating too well. She's so picky, if she doesn't know what something is, she won't eat it. Or even if she knows it's pasta, she won't eat it. It's so frustrating. Both Joel and I are ready for this trip to be over. I think she needs a set routine more than Bennett does, or ever did. 

Once Caroline woke up, we packed up out things and went to lunch.

Then we made the big hike back to the hotel rooms for naps.



The second day we arrived the hotel manager Lorenzo started giving Bennett the room key, which we need to leave every time we leave the hotel. So Bennett's job is to let us in the room each time. 


After naps we went out for dinner.


We went to a restaurant near our hotel.





I had a very delicious pasta with squid ink. Caroline ate nothing but bread.
There were little fireworks being shot off at the beach so the rushed over to see.
Despite the Caroline not eating much and Bennett eating just a tad bit more, we needed to order tirimisu. It was a BIG hit with the kids.






It was still pretty early and the kids were wired from dessert so we took a 'night walk,' as Bennett calls it. We took the road down to the beach, which we'd never done. It was actually a nice walk, but longer than taking the stairs.


We found the only open area of flat ground, in front of the church, so that the kids could run round. It was extremely necessary for both them and us.




Bennett stuck a pose with some pretty gold mosaic.

The kids were still full of energy but it was getting late so we took the long walk back along the road, to the hotel.
Then it was another big struggle to get them to bed, but that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment