We were with an Itslisn family, traveling with 4 adults and 3 children so they were pretty fired up but nothing could be done. The gate agents then sent us back to the Delta counter to rebook... Which was the marathon sprint and tram back where we started. Sweaty, tired and hungry (it was about 9 pm and Joel and I hadn't eaten yet) it took us forever to get our flights straightened out.
Then we found a hotel and had to wait for a shuttle to get us. Once it arrived, it was swarmed by other travelers but I was determined to get on. I figured if one of us got on, people should let the other on. So off I went, weasling my way to the front, with a stroller and 2 backpacks, with Joel trying to keep up, holding Bennett and another backpack. I made it on and heard someone behind me ask Joel, "does the baby belong to that stroller?" And they let him on.
The shuttle ride was miserable. Everyone was crammed on and they didn't turn on the AC. Bennett was a sweaty sleep mess and eventually fell asleep on the ride. When we got to the hotel we had to wait in line to check in.
Joel waited while Bennett and I rested.
When we got to the room, it was after 11 and I felt terrible. I had eaten vitamins on an empty stomach and felt sick from the plane, and ended throwing up. As Joel said, "that's the perfect way to end this day." After done expensive room service we were asleep after midnight.
We were up by 5 and made our way to the airport. After we checked in we got some breakfast. We thought out flight left at 8:30 so we had plenty of time. So we ate and waited for a gate agent to arrive so that they could assign our seats. As we were eating I was looking at my phone and checked the Delta app. It showed our flight was boarding, which was were because it was only 6:40. So I looked at the ticket and we were on the 7:10 flight!! So off we ran, to the gate. They luckily got us seats but not together. I got stuck with Bennett but he's actually been great! The flight was a 1.5 hours. He was awake for the first half and finally fell asleep.
Hopefully we can run him around at the airport so that he'll nap again on the next flight. It'll be a tough one since instead of flying from 8:30 pm until 6:30 am, his normal sleeping time, we'll be leaving at 3:45 pm and he doesn't go to bed until 8. Ugh!







No comments:
Post a Comment