Anyways when we got home bennett was really crabby and hungry. He ate two quiche muffins and asked for a piece of bread, which he finished. Still super whiny I gave him some blackberries and cheese. He ate all but a bit of cheese and then didn't protest when I suggested we go to his room to read books (ie nap time). After three books and five minutes of cuddling he was asleep. Caroline was crying in the swing as I was putting bennett down for his nap so it took me a half hour to calm her down and then we both fell asleep for a hour. When I woke up bennett woke up a little after me, quickly followed by Caroline, so I didn't get anything done when Bennett was napping. Luckily he decided to be a good kid and color quietly.
Caroline wasn't too bad either and I was able to start dinner. The rest of the night was uneventful. Bennet went to bed at 8 which is on time, but considered early for him, as of recent. I think he hasn't been feeling well. Last week he couldn't sleep because his nose was stuffy. I thought he was running a low fever a few times last week... And over the weekend one of his ears started draining so he probably had an ear infection. I question whether he still has one now because he keeps tugging at his ears and has been a bit more crabby, but he doesn't seem to have a fever. He did stick his finger in his mouth tonight and say "Owie" so maybe it's the dreaded second molars coming in.
I have been trying to sleep train Caroline to sleep for a bit on her own at night. She really prefers to, and sleeps better, when she's sleeping in bed with us. I just have fears that she'll suffocate under the covers or that we'll roll on top of her so she needs to start sleeping on her own. I think she managed to sleep 1.5 hours in the sleep rocker last night. So far she's been sleeping for 15 minutes, so hopefully she falls into a deep sleep and stays in for awhile. It's hardest to get her to lay by herself in the beginning, when she's not fully asleep. She is constantly searching for something to suck but since she won't take a pacifier I don't know how to help her. So far so good tonight. I tucked the balnkets by her face, so hopefully she thinks it's my shirt.



No comments:
Post a Comment