Thursday, January 8, 2015


Well Bennett is on antibiotics again for an ear infection, one oral and the other drops for the pusy ear. The appointment went well and Bennett was very cooperative, like usual. 

Afterwards we went to storytime at the library. Bennett didn't have much patience to listen today but insisted we stay to get his hand stamped. It was really cute. He got them stamped on Monday and clearly it was a highlight. When I suggested we leave without the stamp he stared at me and pointed to the back of his hand and tapped it with his finger. Hand stamp. So of course we had to stay. 



We got home around 11:30. Bennett was whiny and wanted to eat. I heated up his food and gave him some corn and peas to snack on while it was cooling. Then Caroline started fussing from her carseat. When I took her it I realized she had a blowout diaper, up her back. I ran her upstairs to clean her and used about 7 wipes to do so. While I was doing that Bennett started fussing from the dining room. When I finally finished with Caroline and was walking down the stairs, I saw Bennett with his head down in the table. Poor kid was tired because he got  up really early today.  As soon as he heard me his head popped up and he gave me a sleepy smile. I asked if he wanted to eat and he said yes. As he was nearing the end of his meal, he pushed his plate aside, reached his arms for me and said, "rock."  He still loves to cuddle but he hasn't asked to be rocked in a long time. I put him on my lap, started rocking and he cuddled right in. Since Caroline was content in the bouncy chair, I took Bennett to his room, sat on his bed and rocked him back and forth. He was sound asleep within minutes. 

Then Caroline and I spent some quality time together. 



She was fussy as I was holding her so I put her in the swing and she was asleep after a few minutes. 

Both kids asleep and my hands are free?! What do I do?! I decided to eat lunch and by the time I finished Caroline was awake fussing again. Bennett woke up around 2:30 and was in an okay mood. 

He has a Lego man he calls Daddy, probably because he has blonde hair and wears a hat. It was playing with 'Daddy' and a tractor on the couch and he suddenly yelled out, "OH NOOOOO!!! DADDY!!!" The Lego man had failed on the floor. The way he yelled was in his serious tone, the tone he uses when something isn't going his way and he is frustrated. I could tell he was on the verge of a toddler meltdown but it was just so funny I couldn't stop laughing. It's really kind of funny, and confusing, when he talks about Lego man Daddy. But when Lego man Daddy is having a crisis, it's super hilarious. If you could've heard him, you would've thought Joel fell off a cliff. 

Caroline was pretty fussy so I was bouncing with her in the ball. Bennett saw and said, "bounce!" Yeah, I'm not meant to bounce two kids on my lap. After a while I made bennett get off because it was just too much so he played with the dogs. 


Then he played with my phone and apparently took a lot of photos. 




Finally Joel got home and rescued me. 

Then Bennett ate dinner and ran his dirty hands through his hair 


Just another typical day. I don't know if my favorite part of the day was when bennett asked me to rock him, or when Caroline waited to have her blowout when we got home, instead of at the doctor or library. After bennett went to bed I discovered this: 

No comments:

Post a Comment