While she napped I took a shower and bennett hung out in the bathroom with me. We sang the alphabet and I was amazed hear bennett say a few letters here and there. He also knew S-T-U-V-W so that was fun. As I was getting ready he was getting pretty anxious to go to the bounce house. I told him last night that we were going today so as I was blowing drying my hair he moped around whining, "I bounce?! Boouunnccceeee." Not at all annoying. We had a little discussion about sharing toys and taking turns in the car and then he was ready to play.
Bennett was really good about sharing. A few times kids would take he toys he was playing with or try to push him off and he'd look to me to rescue him. Luckily the other parents were pretty good about making their kids stop and give things back. The most coveted toy was a push lawn mower. It had a little zip cord thing to pretend to start it. The noise it made attracted the attention of all the children and bennett was anxious to play. He was good about waiting 20 minutes for another kid to give it up. I was really proud of him for not making a fuss because I could see how much he wanted to play with it. While we were playing Caroline did this:
She won't nap in her car seat so I made her a bed out of our jackets and she was pretty content sleeping there on her own.
After play time was over, I bribed Bennett into the car with goldfish crackers. It worked like a charm. There is nothing I hate more than meltdown as we're trying to leave somewhere. When we got home Bennett ate some string cheese while I fed Caroline. I don't think he could've shoved any more in his mouth.
We had some nice conversations about Grandpa and Daddy driving a skidster and putting wood into a dump truck. Then we read a few books and he went to sleep without any protesting. He was actually really good and happy today so be might've fallen asleep with a smile on his face.
Right now I am holding Caroline as she sleeps. She really wanted me to cuddle her to sleep. Every motion I make she groans and I can almost hear her saying, "Just try to put me down. I might seem like I'm sleeping but if you put me down I will cry so loudly and will wake up. Then I'll never fall back asleep and be fussy. Do you want to risk it?? Otherwise I'd just suggest you continue holding me." She wins.







No comments:
Post a Comment