Tonight we were at the mall and I wanted bennett to hold my hand so I grabbed his hand and started swinging it, saying, "swing swing," and then I'd twirl him around and say, "Spin!" He loved it and kept giggling. Then after a spin he'd say, "I dance!" Bennett is really so much fun to be around and learning things so quickly. He can almost count to 10 and Is always asking what things are when he doesn't know. Then after he learns it's locked into his brain and he says it over and over. It's amazing to see how quickly he picks things up. One day he was wearing a shirt with different colored cars and Joel was asking him what colors the cars are. Bennett hasn't really learned colors yet, so Joel was naming them off for him saying, "Red... Blue... Orange..." And then bennett goes, "Apple!" Everyday he says something new that just makes me melt. He also loves to sing. I swear one day he was singing "let it go" from Frozen. His favorite song is "bubbles" and he often sings that in his own.
Saturday, January 3, 2015
Yesterday we met Uncle Tony and August at Edinborough Park. Bennett was in his element. His favorite thing to do was go in the bouncy house. "I bounce," he kept saying. There were two bouncy houses: one for bigger kids and one for kids under 4. I took him to the big one first, not knowing there was one for little kids. He loved it. The one meant for smaller kids was smaller in size and not as bouncy so it'd be easier for the little kids to stand up. Of course after Bennett went in the big house he didn't like he small one at all. Bennett really has no fear when it comes to these sort of places. Uncle Tony took him into the playground and he was full steam ahead. I let him go in once alone, thinking he'd just crawl up and go down a slide but he disappeared into the maze and luckily I got to him (with Caroline strapped to me in the carrier) before he went into an apparatus that was a ventricle tube with staggered platforms inside. He started going into it but I didn't think he could do it on his own and I wasn't sure how far apart the platforms were so I had to yell at him to stop. I had visions of him crawling into it and falling 5 feet. He also loved laying in the middle of the bouncy house while big kids jumped around him. This is incredibly stress inducing for me but sometimes you have to let him learn from experience, right? Luckily no one ever jumped on him and one older kids was sweet and concerned enough to ask him, "Are you trying to get up?" Nope, just living life on the edge! He had so much fun Joel took him back for a few hours after dinner.
Then Bennett skipped his nap to watch Joel and grandpa load up a dump truck with wood. Skipping his nap was a horrible idea, but he got a quickly catnap in after Edinborough and was clearly not at all tired. Bennett was really cute when he was watching, telling Joel what to do. "That one. Yeah yeah. That one. Daddy sit (in the skidster). Daddy sit." I think he's going to be bossy like his mom.
While we were watching the wood being loaded, Caroline miraculously laid in her crib and watched the mobile. It lasted about a half hour but I'm pretty impressed! It's not often she sits or lays by herself when she's wide awake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment