Thursday, January 15, 2015

Today started off with Caroline falling asleep on her own, just as I needed to put her in the carseat so that we could leave home. This is a daily occurrence and I feel horrible because she doesn't really sleep well once we are out and about. 

She had a horrible night and Joel was up with her from 2-5. It seemed like she might have an ear infection due to some crusty discharge outside her ear. 

But she wasn't running a fever and was pretty happy before she fell asleep so we carried on with our agenda, which was to visit the Williston Tree House. 

Bennett loved it, of course, and ran right in. He really wasn't the least bit timid, except when it came to the part of the structure that had a see through bottom. He wouldn't step on the open area for a while and tried to walk on the edge until I told him it was okay. Then it didn't faze him. 



Bennett played nonstop for nearly 2 hours. The slides were a bit intense for him and he managed to hit his face going down one, which gave him a bloody nose. To his credit, he still went on it a few more times, as long as I was waiting for him at the bottom. The side had two big bumps in it, and the second bump was followed by a steep decline. When he hit his face it was kind of a fluke because the momentum from the slide caused him to lose balance, flipping him from his butt to his stomach and the second he got on his stomach was at the  steepest part of the decline... Anyways it definitely was an intense slide meant for bigger kids, but he got jostled around perfectly to cause him to hit his nose. Jo crying though. I think I was more weirded out by it than he was. 



While Bennett napped Caroline managed to get some sleep too. She mostly slept on me because putting her own caused her to scream. But for the 5 minutes she laid by herself, she was sleeping in the most awkward position. 



She was much happier to sleep on me. 


At the doctor he confirmed she had some kind of ear infection, although not as bad as Bennett's. She is now on antibiotics as well. Boo! But we did find out she weighs 14 pounds 7.5 ounces. Nearly 14.5 pounds!!! I checked though the records and Bennett weighed a full pound more at the same age but I'm fairly certain he was longer because she didn't seem as chubby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment