Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Today was much like yesterday. Caroline managed to sleep a few hours by herself again last night! Yay! Seems she is growing up! She doesn't even stir much when we lay her down so this is all very thrilling. 

Both of the kids woke up in a good mood. Bennett insists on taking his muffins with the paper liner on. Removing it created an epic meltdown... But him eating like this causes a huge mess. But we're picking our battles and a floor full of crumbs is worth it. 


We went to the gym and then to storytime at the library. Bennett had a lot of fun and didn't want to leave. He actually had a quiet meltdown when I was trying to out his coat on him but I was anxious to leave because Caroline was due to eat. Bennett did a bit of sulking as he walked out super slowly. 


Bennett was SUPER crabby when we got home. He didn't want to eat meatballs and mashed potatoes. He only wanted bao bao. I'm pretty sure he wanted to eat more banana muffin, he has had at least one each day for breakfast, so I let him have a piece of bread. But he didn't want the bread, and then he wanted the bread but then he didn't, and so on. So frustrating.  After lunch I took him upstairs to read books and nap. By the third book he was clearly very tired and made me stop reading halfway through. He let out a wail when I left the room but was asleep minutes later. 

By the time I left his room Caroline was crying in our room so I went to get her. She was really tired and fussy and insisted on being held like this to fall asleep: 
 

Then we laid down together but it didn't last long because she started fussing because of gas pains. 


Bennett woke up around 3:30 and was in a good mood. Caroline didn't want to be put down so I strapped her onto me and she took a nap. Then I kept Bennett occupied while I cooked dinner. 

Bennett had a few more toddler moments throughout the evening. I'm sure we'll see many more in the next few month. 



No comments:

Post a Comment