Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Sleep training went well last night. She managed a couple 2 hour stretches alone (then came into bed with us and slept a while longer). This morning we went to the gym. Bennett went to the daycare without any whining... Probably because I told him I was going to take him to bounce afterwards. Sometimes I wonder if he understands when I tell him our schedule and what things like "after," "later," and "Saturday" mean. I think he might since he worked his way to the car quicker than normal. Usually it takes is at least 10 minutes to walk up the stairs, stare at people and whatnot. 

Bennett was really happy to go to the St Louis Park tot time. One of his former daycare providers was there. She left the center about 5 months ago to become a nanny. We all really liked her, so it was sad to see her go but we kept in touch with her in case she'd want to babysit for us. We haven't used her because we were always worried bennett wouldn't remember her, so it's be a stressor for him if she came over. We couldn't have been more wrong about it. He totally remembered her! He was slightly bashful at first, ignoring her, but warmed up after a few minutes. She told us she had visited the center a few weeks ago and was looking for Bennett, only to find out we pulled him out since I was on leave. She said she was absolutely thrilled to run into us and see bennett again. He was apparently her favorite and when she left, she told her replacement that Bennett would likely be her favorite as well. She told us her replacement also admitted that bennett was her favorite. It was so nice to hear all of this because we loved both of these teachers. Anyways, at tot time, bennett would constantly gravitate towards Cassie, wanting to play with her. I felt kind of bad since she was there with the two kids she nannies but she really seemed genuinely happy that he remembered her. When I saw her leaving, I told bennett that Cassie was going bye bye and his head snapped up as he scanned the room for her. When he found her I asked if he wanted to give her a hug before she went and he ran over to her. Before I could say anything Cassie saw him and asked if she could have a hug. It was just so nice to see, that he meant as much to bennett as she means to him. It really validates our thoughts on his daycare. And I'm so happy to see he remembers her after such a long time because that means he'll remember his daycare when he goes back. And now I know we can call Cassie to babysit without any worries!

After tot time we went home and things went as usual. Bennett ate and napped. Caroline actually managed to fall asleep on her own, so I got about 45 minutes of time alone. 

Then bennett woke up in a crabby mood. Shortly after Caroline woke up crabby as well. Ugh. Bennett ear is still pussy and both ears seem to be bothering him so we'll probably call the doctor to see if he needs to go in. I hope they say no!

No comments:

Post a Comment