Saturday, May 16, 2015
7 Months
We can officially say our little seven month old sleeps through the night. She took her sweet time to get to this point, and waited until the last week of her sixth month, but she did it! I don't know what happened to make her decide to sleep through the night. Did she eat more before bed? Maybe, but not really. Is she just too tired during the day? Could be. Did she want to squeeze this milestone into her sixth month of life? Probably. Either way, it's amazing.
Caroline is all about observing and giggles. She loves to laugh. Most things are funny to her. Swinging outside is hilarious and delightful. Bennett is still humorous to her. Sometimes just talking to her makes her laugh. I don't think she has the same easygoing demeanor as her brother, but she does seem to have his sense of humor.
Sleeping through the night is definitely her biggest accomplishment this month. The first night she did it we both went to check on her, to make sure she was still alive. Yesterday morning I thought I heard her at 5:30 am, but no, I was just hearing things and she was asleep in her crib. She likes to go to bed around 8 pm. Trying to put her down before that is pretty useless. She decides when it is bedtime, so if she's not ready, she'll let us know by screeching and being super wiggly. One of her favorite things to do before bed is lay down in our bed and get a baby massage. Just being in our bed seems to calm her down, probably because it was her bed for so long. When she is calm and rubbing her eyes, putting her to bed is as simple as walking into her room and laying her down in the crib. It's really quite nice, but she has to have things her way or she will make it a miserable experience.
Caroline is finally eating some solids. True to her stubborn nature, if she doesn't want to eat, she will clamp her mouth shut. Giving her bits of food to hold onto, so that she can feed herself, is working well. Playing and nibbling with the food will get her appetite going, and after a while, we can get a few bites of food in her. She really needs to be in control to be happy! I'm sure she'll be a joy in her teenage years...
Her other big accomplishment is being somewhat mobile. She is pretty good at scooting herself around the room, but I'd hardly say she can crawl. Caroline does a good army crawl and it is sufficient enough to get her to what she wants, which is usually everything that isn't a toy. The dogs' water dish looks like fun, as does the vacuum, that I'm sure one day will fall on her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment