Thursday, May 7, 2015

Today was a super perfect day. We had a relatively peaceful morning. I didn't tell Bennett where we were going until everything was packed and ready to go, so when I told him we were going to the zoo, he was more than excited to put his shoes on quickly and head out the door. We sang songs the entire way to the zoo, and Caroline slept, so it was quite perfect. At the zoo I wanted to see the tropical reef dive show. Along the way, there were little kid tunnels to see the animals but Bennett was too scared to venture through them. 



Bennett liked seeing the fish but once the diver got in, he was freaked out. He eventually ventured to he stroller, which was in the back of the room, and sat there frightened. 

After a bit he told he he wanted to leave to see more animals, so that's what we did. He was great about walking near me, and hopping back into the stroller when I asked him to. 



The outdoor play area was open which was awesome. He got to burn off some energy. 






Then we played in the bee hive room until he was hungry for lunch. 

Caroline was pretty fussy as we were eating but I knew she was really tired. Just before we headed to the car, I put her in her carseat. She was in for less than a minute and was fast asleep. 

Bennett fell asleep on the ride home as well and transferee well to his bed. So nice! Caroline napped as I held her. I don't feel bad about holding her for naps anymore because I'll only get a few more weeks of cuddling my baby before I go off to work. At one point she woke up and was pretty happy. After a bit she started whining, which made sense since she was still tired. I took this picture. 
 Then two minutes later, took this picture: 

I laid her down in my arms, pat her butt and she was out instantly. It was amazing.

Bennett showing off his moose stamp from the zoo. 


Bennett wanted to read books. He pointed to this picture and said Gung Gung and Poa Poa are going to buy it for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment