I had music playing as I was prepping for the day. I was running around the house with Caroline, getting us both dressed. When I finished I found Bennett chilling and listening to the music.
We went to the MN Zoo again today. I wanted to see the monk seal exhibit that had just opened. It was a pretty gloomy out which out a damper on our day but we still enjoyed ourselves.
On the way home the kids gave me the best gift ever: Bennett fell asleep and Caroline was awake but quiet. It was wonderful. Bennett transferred to bed well, which was awesome. Caroline didn't want to nap right away when we got home but she eventually slept on me and I was able to take a 20 minute nap. Bennett woke a little after 3 so I set Caroline down to get him. That's when things started going horribly. Caroline was super fussy. Every time she'd look at me, she would start screaming. She didn't want to eat, didn't want me to hold her but didn't want me to other down either. It was so miserable. Even Bennett would ask, "why are you crying baby?" And then would tell me she was crying, as if I wasn't aware. Finally I decided the fight to give her Tylenol would be more fun than to deal with a screaming kid. It maybe made her 20% happier. Then Bennett started getting bored and would throw his toys around. He literally sat next to his kitchen and would take food from the fridge and throw it across the room. Argh. So I did what any good mother would do. I took them to the gym so that I could get an hour away.
Caroline went to bed easily but keeps waking. Bennett wouldn't fall asleep until 9:30... Again... It's been this way for nearly a week. Then after he went to sleep Caroline cried again and I brought her into bed with me. She was equally fussy at the zoo when it came time for her to nap. She wasn't at all content in the stroller, even thought she has taken many stroller naps. But the second I put her in the carrier, she was out. Same goes with tonight. The second is pick her up, she'd stop crying and fall asleep. Now that she is cuddled in next to me, she is sound asleep. Hopefully this need for human touch is because of her teeth coming in and not some new fun must-be-by-someone-all-the-time quirk.
Last day of leave tomorrow. :(









No comments:
Post a Comment